+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Saving file in network in Technical; In any application (such as Pages) when I click File -->Save As I only get the following options for location ...

Thank Post

Saving file in network

In any application (such as Pages) when I click File -->Save As I only get the following options for location where I can save the file:

Documents
    Imac
    Applications
    Desktop
    Downloads
    Movies
    Music
    Pictures

I do not get any other option to save the file in network. No option to save in a folder under My Documents. Could not find how to do it.

Environment (Magic Trainagle): Windows 2003 Domain Controller, Open Directory Master.
    There is a network drive that mounts on the dock when a user loggs on. I want the users to be able to save in that mounted drive that is visible on the dock.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    Jus set up a magic triangle at home in a lab environment. I'll give this a whirl tonight and see if have the same problem, if I do I guess I will doing much searching myself. Never tried saving anything but could access the share from the dock ok.

Have setup a Windows Server share on the dock of the clients using the OSX preferences on the OSX server and then jus dragged the folder to the Dock within preferences on the server, is this how you provisioned the folder on the dock?

Out of interest, what version of OSX server/client are you using. I have setup lab with Snow Leopard Server (10.6.8) and Snow Leopard Clients (10.6.8?)

Thank Post
    Go to finder, and drag the network drive mapped on the desktop into the sidebar. Yeah this is a pain but Apple haven't given us a proper fix yet. I've written as basic guide with screenshots to show our staff/users how to do it, takes them best part of 30 seconds to do at the start of the lesson. The network drive should then appear when you go to File > Save As.

Thank Post
    In Active Directory Users and Computers: Double Click the User -->User Properties dialogue box appears -->Profile Tab -->Home Folder -->Connect -->Z(Drive Name)-->\\servername\sharename.

When the user logs on to a mac this drive mounts on the doc. I can create folder in tis drive. Can drag and drop files in tis folder. But I can not do File -->Save As. No options for that.

Server: Leopard, Clients: Leopard .

Thank Post
    When I drag the network drive and try to put it in side bar it comes back and does not stay in side bar.

Thank Post
    What heading were you trying to add it to? I think it only works under the 'Places' heading for our student users.

Thank Post
    It does not go in places heading

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    Yep, same issue with Snow Leopard on Lab network, can anyone advise if still have problem with Lion/Lion Server?

Read somewhere, Is possible to create some sort of default profile within OSX then suppose could set the mapped drive in profile, but any changes to mapped drive would require re-doing default profile, not ideal :-(.

Thank Post
    OK i believe what you are after is Managed Sidebar PList through workgroupmanager, THat way you can set all the drives which show in the dock on the Sidebar...

Thank Post
    If you have allowed the the option to see the connected servers in the sidebar, which is default I believe, then any drive that is mounted on login will be available in the sidebar as afar as I'm aware. If not but you can see any nearby servers, if you are mounting using kerberos just clicking on the servers names will mount the shares you have access to. But after saying all of that I'm running Lion on my machine with much difficulty so cannot really check things out properly.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread