+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Mac Accounts in Technical; Hi Everyone This year we have bought new Imacs and i have linked them to both AD and OD so ...
    Thank Post

Mac Accounts

Hi Everyone

This year we have bought new Imacs and i have linked them to both AD and OD so that they can use single sign on and it all seems to be working fine they can login using there account and printers are available and it still uses the print server for credits which is great.

What i am wondering is at the moment when the user logs in it is using the local disc as the storage area. I know it is possible that when the user logs in they can see there my documents on the windows side but would it also be possible to setup some sort of folder on the mac server which when the user logs in they can save to either windows my documents or mac my documents.

It would also mean i would have a backup of there work because at the moment i cant backup because its stored locally.

Thank Post
    You can allow them to have their normal work areas mapped on Mac but IIRC you need to allow read acess all the way along the path to the directory (read it somewhere and it didn't specify whether it was the share path or the whole folder structure i.e. "E:\Areas\SharedFolder\Username" etc..)

3. Thanks to DAZZD88 from:

Aaron (14th October 2011)

Thank Post
    thank you, what i would ideally like is to have the mac users use storage area on the mac this is just because of the size of the files that the pupils would be working with. This would stop the space being used on the windows my documents and dedicate the mac server for media studies pupils my documents. Would this be possible?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread