+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mac Thread, Network Library resource sharing with OS X Server in Technical; Originally Posted by HodgeHi I am working on a 10.6.8 server with Server admin 10.7 on the client. Lion Server ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi View Post
    I am working on a 10.6.8 server with Server admin 10.7 on the client. Lion Server may be different as some of the services had their access removed. I can't remember if the sharing services were removed. However...

Attachment 11591

Click 1, Click on the server name in the list of servers.
    Click 2, Click on the settings icon.
    Click 3, Click on the services tab.

This should bring up a a list of services available for use. Clicking on the tick box and then Save at the bottom right, adds it to the list of services under the server name on the left.

Next click on the service name and then click start towards the bottom of the Server Admin window.
    its great to know this isn't me, as here is what i have for services on my lion server (nowhere near as much as you guys!)

Screen Shot 2011-10-12 at 11.33.40.png

Thank Post
    Yeah. That's lion server for you

It's the only reason I have not upgraded to OS X 10.7 as it's just not accessible. It is a very restrictive version of the OS. When you compare screen for screen, the tools you have are really limited and pointless.

You may need to resort back to the server preferences application and set up for shares in that. I don't have any Lion Servers here to guide you. Sorry, but you may be on your own from here on out unless someone else can help.

I have only played with 10.7 server a few times at home but never bothered setting up the services properly.

Wait til you need to work with the web service *shudder*

From this PDF...

To prepare the server to store home directories:
    1 Create the folder you want to serve as the home directory share point, if required. You can use the predefined /Users folder.
    2 Open the Server app on the server where you want home directories to reside.
    3 Click File Sharing.
    4 To set up a share point for home directories, select a share point from the Share Point list.
    If user accounts reside in a shared Open Directory directory, create a dynamically automounted AFP or NFS share point for home directories. Make sure the share point is published in the directory where the user accounts that depend on it will reside.
    5 Click the Edit button (/).
    6 Select the “Share with Mac clients (AFP)” and “Make available for home directories”
    checkboxes.
    7 Click Done.
    This is obviously for Home Profiles as stated. The process may be similar for other shares.

Thank Post
    thanks for that mate, looking at it, it is setup right, it was just a matter off looking in the right place, looks like smb and afp are always on with lion, and then you select on a share by share basis which one, or both to use

Thank Post
    right anyone else looking to set this up, look no further than here

Loading…

Although its for snow leopard, and im using lion, you can kind of read inbetween the lines, and get it setup

Enjoy!

Thank Post
    So i used the above resource to make sure i was doing things right, and i know the clients can now see the folder /Library/ and all of its contents including the comic life registration plist file, yet when opening comic life it still wont be up the registration information, if anyone has setup comic life this way and network resouce, let me know if youve had a similar problem. As at the minute there is no reason why it should be picking up the serial from that location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank Post
    I don't think it brings up a registration page. It usually just starts with the deluxe version (the comic life splash screen starts up with the Deluxe version written next to it). It allows for use of the built-in fonts and other stuff etc. I know that when I copied the license.plist file to all the machines I didn't need to register anything...If thats what you mean anyway.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12