Site Maintenance this evening The site will be offline for hosting changes. Time TBC

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mac Thread, Clone dual boot Mac/Win7 in Technical; When you copied the images, you did run the deploystudio capture twice didn't you? So once to capture the MacOSx ...

Thank Post
    When you copied the images, you did run the deploystudio capture twice didn't you? So once to capture the MacOSx drive and another to Capture the Windows 7 side?
    What happens is that it will create a separate disk image for each one which you then restore using a separate task sequence.

Thank Post
    Ah that would explain it. I thought the 'disk image' capture was capturing the whole disk, like ghost does.Judging by the log entries appearing on the screen it was capturing the Windows partition but not the way I was expecting. I'll try running it again for both OS's. If I capture both, then run a restore (twice) will it be aware of the bootcamp partition?

Thank Post
    You won't need to restore the partitions seperatly, you create a workflow in Deploy Studio Admin that does both in one go. My workflow at the moment is as follows:
    Partition Disk; Restore Mac image; Rename;Bind to AD; Bind to OD;Restore Windows Image.

Good luck

4. Thanks to Tricky_Dicky from:

Sheridan (28th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Brilliant stuff - cloned two disk images seperately and created a workflow to partition the disk and then drop the two images back on. Worked a treat. Another thumbs up from me for DeployStudio!

Cheers for the info on this everyone.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Brilliant stuff - cloned two disk images seperately and created a workflow to partition the disk and then drop the two images back on. Worked a treat. Another thumbs up from me for DeployStudio!

Cheers for the info on this everyone.
    Glad it worked. Does your Windows 7 work ok? I've been trying to capture and deploy it for a few days now and can not get it working properlly. When I sysprep it and capture it, Windows kindly removes Bootcamp and forgets how the keyboard works and then trys to log me in with a local Administrator account. Seems very odd.

Thank Post
    Yes the Windows 7 one seems to be fine - I'm just setting it up now again (with all the applications needed) for a 'proper' version.

The windows 7 partition seems to work the same as if it has been sysprep'd and restarted which is what I'd expect.

Thank Post
    I've also bootcamped our imacs and created two different partitions from which to choose from. If you like, here's a link to some software to include in your mac osx image which allows users to pick which partition to boot from on startup. Very handy in our school so far.

rEFIt - An EFI Boot Menu and Toolkit

I've also noticed that our Windows partition is extremely slow sometimes to log people in etc, don't suppose anyone knows why?! May be a long shot but worth a go.

9. Thanks to SC92 from:

Sheridan (3rd October 2011)

Thank Post
    Just A FYI, you can also image two partitions using a single workflow. Just add the 2 partitions to the workflow, so once it has captured one it will start the next one.

Thank Post
    Just used that rEFIt on a test mac - works brilliantly and very handy being able to configure the boot menu!

Thank Post
    Glad you found it useful Sheridan, I couldn't believe myself how simple it was to set up judging by what it does. By the way if you wanted to remove the EFI Shell and the unnecessary things from the boot options just delete the 'Tools' folder in the 'efi' folder on your HDD and voila.

I found the shell and the rest of the clutter completely useless and just an excuse for some users who didn't want to work.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12