If like me you found that the Mac App Store thinks you dont have Final Cut Pro X installed which breaks the ability to do an upgrade here and you find that under "Purchased" the button for Final Cut Pro X is "install" which when clicked gives the rather useless error:
Software Updates naturally doesnt have any updates as FCPX is updated via the App Store (excluding extras) but there is a fix and its pretty simple.We could not complete your purchase. Final Cut is already installed on this computer. Choose Software Update from the Apple Menu to check for software updates
I did not have any updates such as extras listed in Software Updates yet so I am not sure if they are integrated or awaiting updates.
- Open Applications folder in Finder
- Drag Final Cut Pro X application to the trash which will prompt for authentication, you dont need to empty the trash yet. NOTE: You shouldnt lose any projects as they are usually stored elsewhere.
- Try hitting the "Install" button in the App Store now which should trigger an install.
- When installed try running Final Cut Pro X which will ask you to upgrade previous projects
- Confirm 10.0.1 is running and then empty the trash removing the old version
That should solve the problem, or well it has for me at least. I just hope the App store fixes the annoying bug.
Interestingly Motion did not have this problem.
Last edited by ZeroHour; 22nd September 2011 at 04:41 PM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)