+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Rough cost for volume licence of iLife 11? in Technical; We've got a new suite of 18 Mac Minis, however due to when they were ordered, they have come with ...

Thank Post

Rough cost for volume licence of iLife 11?

We've got a new suite of 18 Mac Minis, however due to when they were ordered, they have come with iLife 09. Not a big issue, but I was just wondering roughly what Apple would charge for a licence of iLife 11 for that number? Don't really want to go through the process of enquiring with Apple unless the cost is fairly minimal, because there is no point upgrading otherwise

Anyone done this recently and have an idea?

Thank Post
    It doesn't exist.

They stopped doing volume licencing for the iLife package after iLife 9, it is something I really want but I'm not prepared to spend a fortune on it.

Thank Post
    Oh. Well that's a simple answer then! Guess that's another thing they've dropped with their consumer centric view

Thanks anyway

Thank Post
    In fact the iLife apps are available to purchase at education pricing (for purchases over 20 licences each). Available from the Apple Store Online (the education store) or from Apple Solutions Experts - Apple (United Kingdom) - Where to Buy - Apple Solution Experts - Education

Thank Post
    By the way new Mac minis would not come with iLife '09, if they have then someone has altered with them prior to you receiving them. iLife '11 has been out for quite a while now

Thank Post
    @rbelson , Sidewinder did say due to when they were ordered... They could have been bought with last years budget, but not set up/installed until this year. We just don't know.

@sidewinder. When we upgraded to iLife '11, our supplier Jigsaw recommended we buy the family pack (5 licenses) for better value. Don't remember what we were charged, though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rbelson View Post
    By the way new Mac minis would not come with iLife '09, if they have then someone has altered with them prior to you receiving them. iLife '11 has been out for quite a while now
    They're not brand new from Apple, that's the problem, they were ordered through a reseller who may well have had older stock (and the school had sort of agreed to use this reseller before I started this job) I knew they would be the older Core 2 Duo models but I did expect them to come with iLife 11, so didn't even think to check. But now we have them there isn't a lot we can do.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread