+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mac Thread, Apple Developer ID in Technical; A cheeky question but has anyone got a Developer ID I can use to try out iOS 5? - totally ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Apple Developer ID

A cheeky question but has anyone got a Developer ID I can use to try out iOS 5? - totally understand if people say no but dont't want to torrent it.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    A cheeky question but has anyone got a Developer ID I can use to try out iOS 5? - totally understand if people say no but dont't want to torrent it.

Gareth
    Would be good If I could try it as well but otherwise it will be a case of "Wait like the rest of us until winter time" ??

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Indeed - do you know if the $99 developeraccoint gives you access? I have the free developer account butthis doesn't give the download.

I'll get my school to buy it ;-)

Gareth

Thank Post
    Indeed - do you know if the $99 developeraccoint gives you access? I have the free developer account butthis doesn't give the download.

I'll get my school to buy it ;-)

Gareth
    If it does maybe you can sneak me an iOS 5 copy

I thought the $99 was so you could develop apps for the iphone/iPad ( iOS Devices basically ) and publish them, not sure about being able to get iOS 5 though ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm umming and arring at the moment about putting my iPhone onto iOS5, but there is no rollback. You can only upgrade to future beta or final releases ... so I am waiting to see what comes out from the first wave of developers as to what issues there are. Unless someone wants to send me an extra iPhone that is ...

As for sharing access, I am looking at it as I need to get a few devices tested on various networks, so let me read the fine print.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    I'm umming and arring at the moment about putting my iPhone onto iOS5, but there is no rollback. You can only upgrade to future beta or final releases ... so I am waiting to see what comes out from the first wave of developers as to what issues there are. Unless someone wants to send me an extra iPhone that is ...

As for sharing access, I am looking at it as I need to get a few devices tested on various networks, so let me read the fine print.
    On that note I will wait until winter lol

Thank Post
    I have just updated to IOS 5 and the beta is quite stable only a few little minor bugs. I am quite impressed with what I have seen so far Air Display mirroring was something i really wanted for my iPad 2.

Ross

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Most of the comments about iOS5 on iPhones is quite positive at the moment ... I'll give it a little longer and then give it a try.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just as a fyi there is nothing stopping any mobile installing the actual update if you get it through other means. I wouldnt be surprised if the direct download links appear at somepoint. I do have a dev id as well and waiting a little before going over more to allow app dev's to fix any initial bugs.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Just as a fyi there is nothing stopping any mobile installing the actual update if you get it through other means. I wouldnt be surprised if the direct download links appear at somepoint. I do have a dev id as well and waiting a little before going over more to allow app dev's to fix any initial bugs.
    Hmmm ... a nice change not to have to register the device in the provisioning portal. It is quite slow to get through the dev site and forums atm ... anyone would think there is a dev conference going on and they had just done a release of a beta OS or something.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm ... a nice change not to have to register the device in the provisioning portal. It is quite slow to get through the dev site and forums atm ... anyone would think there is a dev conference going on and they had just done a release of a beta OS or something.
    Literally fine my end, maybe its a problem with your OS try a reboot

Based on the little bits I have read on basically there appears to be a lot of 3rd party apps with issues but the built in apps are quite stable.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 7th June 2011 at 05:57 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Does this mean I do not need my UDID registered? Several sites say you need this to upgrade. I've just backed up my SHSH blobs - and it seems there are ways to revert back to older versions - not found that website yet.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Taken from Gizmodo How to Upgrade to iOS 5 Today, Without Any Developer Account

1. Download the iOS 5 IPSW file from the web (it's easy and readily available. Just Google it and torrent it down).
    2. Update your iPhone using iTunes. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer, click on the Check for Update button with the Option (Mac) or Shift (PC) key pressed. Select the iOS 5 IPSW file from the place you downloaded it to.
    3. Wait until it upgrades. A new activation screen will appear.

Activate iOS 5
    1. Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
    2. Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
    3. Click on Emergency Call and, while it's switching, swipe with your three fingers down.
    4. The Notification Center will appear!
    5. Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
    6. Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone's springboard.

I personally am going to wait for Beta 2, I have saved my shsh blobs with tinyumbrella so downgrading wont be a problem when i do dive in.

Thank Post

Read you can go to DFU mode, and restore back to 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    Taken from Gizmodo How to Upgrade to iOS 5 Today, Without Any Developer Account

1. Download the iOS 5 IPSW file from the web (it's easy and readily available. Just Google it and torrent it down).
    2. Update your iPhone using iTunes. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer, click on the Check for Update button with the Option (Mac) or Shift (PC) key pressed. Select the iOS 5 IPSW file from the place you downloaded it to.
    3. Wait until it upgrades. A new activation screen will appear.

Activate iOS 5
    1. Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
    2. Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
    3. Click on Emergency Call and, while it's switching, swipe with your three fingers down.
    4. The Notification Center will appear!
    5. Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
    6. Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone's springboard.

I personally am going to wait for Beta 2, I have saved my shsh blobs with tinyumbrella so downgrading wont be a problem when i do dive in.
    I wouldn't do this as if your on a iPhone it won't sync with iTunes and you'll get "no service" due to the UDID not being registered.

I would love to test iOS 5 but haven't got a dev account, so will wait for the GM to release at some point in the fall.

Thank Post

Gareth
    Am tempted to buy a registration from one if the Udid sites, not too expensive, but also reading about a tool being written which might bypass needed to register the UDID.

Did you get IOS5, somehow Gareth?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast