A cheeky question but has anyone got a Developer ID I can use to try out iOS 5? - totally understand if people say no but dont't want to torrent it.
Indeed - do you know if the $99 developeraccoint gives you access? I have the free developer account butthis doesn't give the download.
I'll get my school to buy it ;-)
I'm umming and arring at the moment about putting my iPhone onto iOS5, but there is no rollback. You can only upgrade to future beta or final releases ... so I am waiting to see what comes out from the first wave of developers as to what issues there are. Unless someone wants to send me an extra iPhone that is ...
As for sharing access, I am looking at it as I need to get a few devices tested on various networks, so let me read the fine print.
I have just updated to IOS 5 and the beta is quite stable only a few little minor bugs. I am quite impressed with what I have seen so far Air Display mirroring was something i really wanted for my iPad 2.
Most of the comments about iOS5 on iPhones is quite positive at the moment ... I'll give it a little longer and then give it a try.
Just as a fyi there is nothing stopping any mobile installing the actual update if you get it through other means. I wouldnt be surprised if the direct download links appear at somepoint. I do have a dev id as well and waiting a little before going over more to allow app dev's to fix any initial bugs.
Taken from Gizmodo How to Upgrade to iOS 5 Today, Without Any Developer Account
1. Download the iOS 5 IPSW file from the web (it's easy and readily available. Just Google it and torrent it down).
2. Update your iPhone using iTunes. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer, click on the Check for Update button with the Option (Mac) or Shift (PC) key pressed. Select the iOS 5 IPSW file from the place you downloaded it to.
3. Wait until it upgrades. A new activation screen will appear.
Activate iOS 5
1. Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
2. Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
3. Click on Emergency Call and, while it's switching, swipe with your three fingers down.
4. The Notification Center will appear!
5. Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
6. Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone's springboard.
I personally am going to wait for Beta 2, I have saved my shsh blobs with tinyumbrella so downgrading wont be a problem when i do dive in.
I would love to test iOS 5 but haven't got a dev account, so will wait for the GM to release at some point in the fall.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)