We have an Xserve that was bound to our AD domain until just 2 days ago when we decided to recreate the entire curriculum domain again from scratch (it was a crazy two days!). I came in this morning and our 2 Mac labs weren't finding their network accounts, so I assumed it was because the bind between the Xserve and AD was still looking at the old domain.
I have tried to unbind the Xserve, left it for about 3 hours and it gets stuck with the little spinning wheel saying "Removing this computer from Active Directory" I tried and force quit, it locks up the Xserve. I even tried putting in incorrect credentials and clicks Force Unbind, but the same thing happens. The Xserve freezes up on unbinding and I have to turn it off at the switch (something I don't like doing to a server)
Please if anyone has an ideas about what I can do (such as diving into some far off plist files to edit something) then it would save my life! I need to get these Mac labs back up and running ASAP :-)
I have tried these commands and it got rid of all my Open Directory preferences such as the users I had in OD, and deleted OD from the Directory Utility window, but the AD entry was still there, and still bound. I tried unbinding again and the same thing happened....the server just froze.