+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Apple Mac Book and eportal facility in Technical; Can any advise I just became An apple user but have discovered that I can log into my eportal in ...

Thank Post

Unhappy Apple Mac Book and eportal facility

Can any advise I just became An apple user but have discovered that I can log into my eportal in school but cannot enter any information into it, tried different browsers i.e. fire fox Opera etc even old explorer for mac but none seem to work , tried an ordinary pc and no problems Help must get data in soon cheers barry

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Hi Barry, I've not had anything passed to me by my staff that use Apple at home, and we are currently in the midst of reports so would have expected to have heard something by now if they were suffering.

You do need to use Firefox though rather than Chrome, Opera or Safari. As its only certified in Firefox and IE.

3. 2 Thanks to john:

BarryE (7th January 2011), michael2k6 (7th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Hi there,

As John says, we do support it but only if you're using Firefox, rather than Safari. I know you say you've tried Firefox - can you please check the version?
    We support Firefox version 3, 3.5 and 3.6.
    Cheers John as always

Mic @ Serco

5. Thanks to michael2k6 from:

BarryE (7th January 2011)

Thank Post
    thanks for your response Ill give it a go

Thank Post
    No I've tried downloading the latest version of firefox 3.6 but I still have the same problem I can log into the eportal and can even adjust certain things such as my student attendance but while I can see my student details I cannot enter in any results for their exams ( or Level Hons Pass etc) AS a side note some of the teachers using PCs had similar trouble until they turned off firefox and used internet explorer? God I love Technology but these type of issues are behond me

Thank Post
    Any other ideas time is running out and while I,m OK as I can use my PC some of my fellow teaching staff are not so lucky
    cheers barry

Thank Post
    This is strange, I have tried my assessments tonight on my Macbook running Snow Leopard and Firefox 3.6 and its working fine for me, so I am suspecting your setup has a fault. I would advise that you need to get a support call logged with Serco for it, your Data Manager or IT Manager will be able to do this for you. I can assure you that it should and does work for us fine and you are having some issues on PC users as well which would indicate something is more wrong with your individual setup rather than a bug in the software.

Thank Post
    the problem appears to be that our eportal only works with internet explorer once we changed pc to ie no probleem but we cant get internet explorer for Macbook any more

Thank Post
    Hi Barry,

Sorry, i hadn't noticed you were one of our Irish customers. I believe the Irish version of ePortal currently is only supported on IE - due to these issues with Firefox.
    You can check by contacting the Irish support desk. They will be able to confirm this. This was certainly the case last time i was over working in Dublin support, and although it has been several months since then, i don't think there has been a release, nor am i aware of any plans to change this. As i say, the support desk will be able to confirm this or otherwise. Please contact them at your convenience and have your school roll number to hand.

Mic @ Serco

12. Thanks to michael2k6 from:

john (8th January 2011)

Thank Post
    cheers I think this is the case I cannot understand why in Ireland we can only use IE but thats life I suppose we must decide which system is better for us and change to suit(either laptops or our eportal)

Thank Post

Ipad

Quote Originally Posted by BarryE View Post
    cheers I think this is the case I cannot understand why in Ireland we can only use IE but thats life I suppose we must decide which system is better for us and change to suit(either laptops or our eportal)
    Is there anyway or app that I can use eportal with on the iPad or iPhone for that matter? This is very frustrating

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marktwig View Post
    Is there anyway or app that I can use eportal with on the iPad or iPhone for that matter? This is very frustrating
    Not that I know of they did an app for the Windows Mobile PDA, Progresso is iPad supported however so you will be fine once you move to Progresso.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread