+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Mapping a Hidden Network Drive in Technical; Ok i have OSX Tiger and i have searched the internet and cant find an answer. How can i make ...
    Thank Post

Mapping a Hidden Network Drive

Ok i have OSX Tiger and i have searched the internet and cant find an answer.

How can i make a map to a hidden ($) network drive on my mac lol.

it is really peeing me off, and i just wan't access to my hidden drives i have on my windows network x

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Mapping a Hidden Network Drive

Accessing your PC from your Mac

To mount a Windows share on your Mac, click on your desktop so that Finder is the active application, from the Finder menu go to “Go > Connect to Server”. In the “Server Address” field enter “smb://192.168.0.1/share2", replacing the IP address with the IP address of your PC, and "share" with the name of the Windows share you created earlier.

When asked to authenticate enter the name of your PC in “Workgroup/Domain” (Unless your PC is part of a domain and your PC account is held on a domain controller, in which case enter the domain that you normally log on to Windows with). For “Username” and “Password” enter the username and password which you use to log on to your Windows machine with. Click ok and your shared folder should be mounted as a network drive on your desktop.

*Windows Server 2003 Authentication

By default Windows Server 2003 will try to encrypt everything sent to and from it. With this enabled you will not be able to log in to the share from your Mac.
    To fix this there are a couple of options.
    Case 1, your server is nothing more than a regular file server. In this case open up regedit (Start > Run > "regedit" {return}), and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ LanManServer \ Parameter \ RequireSecuritySignature, and set it's value to "0".
    Case 2, your server is also a Domain Controller. In which case you need to open the DC's Security Policy (Administrative Tools > Domain Controller Security Policy). Navigate to Local Policies > Secuiry Options, and disable "Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always)" & "Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (if client agrees)". Reboot your sever, and you should be good to go.

However I just used the first bit and the MAC saw my hidden share fine! Don't change the registry unless it doesn't work first!

Wes

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread