+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, WA Clients for Mac in Technical; Let me start off that I use to use Entourage 2008 and my work email worked wonderfully via OWA. I ...

Thank Post

WA Clients for Mac

Let me start off that I use to use Entourage 2008 and my work email worked wonderfully via OWA. I upgraded to the newest version of office 2011. I have tried to use DavMail but it is just not working very well. Getting errors and Java Null point exceptions. So I am looking for some clients I could use that support OWA.

The issue I run into is I do not know my incoming and outgoing mail servers nor will IT tell me. They are very rude. Outlook on my work PC is not very helpful either. So could anyone let me know of a good client I could use on my Mac? Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi

"I used to use Entourage 2008 and my work email worked wonderfully via OWA"

I'm sorry but this does not make sense? Entourage is a dedicated mail application. OWA - or if you like Outlook Web Access - is the User Interface you see when accessing your mailbox using a Browser.

There should be no need to download anything to make Outlook 2011 work with Exchange Server. Assuming a properly configured Domain infrastructure it should just work.

"The issue I run into is I do not know my incoming and outgoing mail servers nor will IT tell me"

Perhaps someone needs to have a word in their shell like ears? There may be another way of finding out mail server names/IP addresses? In the location where you are would there be Users accessing their mail using Outlook on a PC? If yes look at their Account Settings as whatever mail server information they have listed would probably be what you need to use?

I'm not absolutely certain but I doubt if access to these settings can be denied using a Policy?

HTH?

Antonio Rocco (ACSA)
    Last edited by AntonioRocco; 19th November 2010 at 09:08 PM.

Thank Post
    Our work pc are set to use exchange so you just see the exchange address. I am trying to use imap as a work around. The exchange server is configured to be accessed by the owa protocol. They won't change. Outlook 2011 only supports ewa and not owa protocol.

Thank Post
    have you checked this out.

Connecting Outlook 2011 to Exchange Server

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread