+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Workgroup manager proxy settings in Technical; I'm having a weird issue where the proxy settings from WGM for my pupils are being replaced by the local ...

Thank Post

Angry Workgroup manager proxy settings

I'm having a weird issue where the proxy settings from WGM for my pupils are being replaced by the local admin accounts settings just after login. The proxy works for a few seconds just after login, but start chrome or safari again and the proxy settings have gone. They are replaced by whatever the local admin accounts settings are, which is often blank. All my other prefs are applying and home directories are applying from AD. All are on 10.6.4
    Please help !!!!!!

Thank Post
    Just an update as this thread has 137 views but no answers! The problem seemed to be caused by the use of WGM's parental settings and the fact that it filters content by setting up it's own transparent proxy to deal with it. I turned all parental controls off and bang. 8 year olds on fastgames once more. Credit for the solution goes to Tom at south Leeds CLC for committing an hour on the phone in order to help out when apple blamed active directory. Well done sir. And many thanks for your time.

Thank Post
    Think like a lot of posts on here, they go unanswered, good too see you got a solution and passed it on.

I have had a similar problem where WGM set a proxy for all users but i have chnaged this to go via another proxy, but the change is not being seen by clients, so they are using the original proxy address, to the point that i can remove all proxysettings from WGM and the clients till connect to internet.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread