+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Not able to see contents of folders on MAC OSX 10.5 in Technical; Hi I have a bit of a serious problem which I am hoping someone can help me with or someone ...
    Thank Post

Not able to see contents of folders on MAC OSX 10.5

Hi

I have a bit of a serious problem which I am hoping someone can help me with or someone may have experience this before and have a fix for it.

We used Carbon Copy cloner to do backup of the whole of our XRAID. As this is just a replication of what is actually on the live server it seems to have created the folder structure but when I try to look at the contents of a folder which on the live server has files on there and on the backup destination there are no files and if I use finder to navigate through the menu it is empty.

if I do a get info on the folder, it says the folder is about 300mb odd for 0 items.

However if I use terminal to view the contents of the files using the ls command it gives me a result and shows me all the correct files that should be there.

If I use the open command it opens the files successfully. At the moment I have found if I open the file, save it as a different file name on a different area e.g. desktop the file will open and I have no issues.

Does anyone know what could have happened here, is there anyway for me to resolve on MASS?

I am really struggling to understand what is going on here. The files we are accessing are from an archive and they were deleted on the live server to preserve space. As there are a files I need to restore now to do my method will take me a long time.

If anyone could assist me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Last edited by ranj; 9th November 2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: extra

Thank Post
    Right I managed to find a solution for this.

For some reason all the files the kids had worked on in that folder had gone into a hidden state which would make sense why I could see them in terminal and not in finder.

I found an article which showed me how to create an automator script. I ran this and was able to see the files on my destination device and on the external hard drive that I had put the files on. The article can be found here: Quick Tip: Show/Hide Hidden Files: Apple

Very odd how the files have been represented as a hidden state.

Thank Post
    Have you now removed the hidden flag from the files?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread