+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mac Thread, MacBook + Windows 7 in Technical; Thanks alot for your help guys!! Installed 32bit edition of windows 7 and sound is now working lovely, just so ...
    Thank Post
    Thanks alot for your help guys!!

Installed 32bit edition of windows 7 and sound is now working lovely, just so happens that the only driver not to work in 64bit was the audio driver, which as luck has it, as this are for SEN students, audio just happened to be very important, always the way.

But sorted now

Thank Post
    Do you know what hardware it is? If so you may be able to manually download some 64bit drivers and install those.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi View Post
    Do you know what hardware it is? If so you may be able to manually download some 64bit drivers and install those.
    Yeah i tried manually installing the realtek hd audio driver, couldn get it to work

on another note the realtek downloads page is the worst ive ever seen!!

Thank Post
    Just letting you know that apple has just released bootcamp 3.2. Just in the Knick of time eh?

Thank Post
    Well with my White MacBook I had issues installing 64 bit drivers. What I had to do was to run the installers in compatibility mode and then it installed and everything worked.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi View Post
    Just letting you know that apple has just released bootcamp 3.2. Just in the Knick of time eh?
    Haven't boot camped windows for some time - just curious , this 3.2 version of boot camp is this an update to the boot camp app on OS X or is it 3.2 version exe of bootcamp for windows ??

If the latter then how do you get this to work ?

I tried boot camping windows 7 on my early 2008 mac pro ( not mac book pro ) and it refused point blank to install because I have multiple hard drives inserted at the same time, kept giving me some weird error saying there was not enough space on the hard drive ( which is and still is 500gb one partition )

Similar to the problem explained below

"Well, any one of 5 partitions that I select from to install Windows, I receive a msg, "Setup was unable to use the existing sytem partition because it does not contain the required free space", or "The selected partition requires at least 5722 MB free space". I am unable to proceed past this point. "
    From said website here

I tried using the windows 7 installer to delete the partition ( format it ) and re do it but kept going around in circles, at the time the only work around that I could find was to dis connect all my other hard drives, install windows 7 and re insert all hard drives and am not going to do that for the sake of getting windows 7 installed, I am only telling it to install itself on one partition, not all of them at the same time

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12