+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mac Thread, How to secure apple box in Technical; We also supply desk mounts for iMacs and I agree with several others above that they are better than cable ...
    Thank Post
    We also supply desk mounts for iMacs and I agree with several others above that they are better than cable locks. The ones we supply mount with a single bolt through the desk so that you can still swivel the iMac from side to side. I was GOING to comment that this type of stand should be good for iMacs as you upgrade them in future, but I changed my mind. There's no guarantee that apple will keep the iMac design, or that if they do the base "foot" will stay the same size and shape. Still, these locks really are good.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    How would this affect the warranty? Wouldn't this be classed as an "unauthorized modification"?
    I think I'd stand a very good case that it isn't, if I solidered a part to it yes, but its an aluminium bracket so its fine, if the bracket disintigrates then fine but you legally stand a good arguements case that say if the screen goes the stand isn't a part of the screen in terms of its function thus you cannot have made it fail.

3. Thanks to john from:

Arthur (21st December 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I think I'd stand a very good case that it isn't, if I solidered a part to it yes, but its an aluminium bracket so its fine, if the bracket disintigrates then fine but you legally stand a good arguements case that say if the screen goes the stand isn't a part of the screen in terms of its function thus you cannot have made it fail.
    The product as a whole is what is being warrantied though, not just the electronic components. I don't think you'd win in an argument with Apple over this, as whatever way you look at it, you've altered the product without their authorisation.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    The product as a whole is what is being warrantied though, not just the electronic components. I don't think you'd win in an argument with Apple over this, as whatever way you look at it, you've altered the product without their authorisation.
    I do believe we are on the same grounds here as Bugatti saying that I need to take my shiny new Bugatti Veyron to them for Servicing otherwise the warranty is void. If they can prove that my local VW dealers servicing of my Veyron has resulted in its failure I need to stand the repairs myself (or have a loud argument in the showroom with the VW dealer), but if my VW dealer loves and cares for it as they should then if its a warranty issue they should cough up and fix it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12