+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, iworks 08 in Technical; Could someone, hopefully in very short words, explain to me how to roll out iwork 08 to our network of ...
    Thank Post

iworks 08

Could someone, hopefully in very short words, explain to me how to roll out iwork 08 to our network of 55 macs (a mix of imacs and macbooks). As usual for schools, I am booked on the Mac Snow 101 course in November, and our Mac network went live in September!
    I have a Minimac server and ARD.

Thank Post
    Hi

Assuming all your macs are switched on and have been added to ARD.

Insert the iWorks Disk into the optical drive of the workstation that has ARD installed. Launch ARD and select all the macs from the computers list. Click on the Install icon. From the resulting window click the '+' icon. Navigate to the iWorks installer Disk. Select the iWorks installer pkg. Select all the Computers. Click Install.

The 101 Course is the Support Essentials Course for the Client OS and won't necessarily cover ARD. I doubt if it will be even mentioned TBH? I don't even think it's mentioned on the Server Support Course (202) Course either? I could be wrong though. The ARD Installer Disk should contain the Admin/User Guide for ARD in pdf format. There is an ARD Resources area on Apple's website here:

Apple - Remote Desktop 3 - Resources

Watch the video tutorial as it will go through in detail the instructions I've given earlier on. There are further links you can click on that will outline what the application is about as well as what you can do with it. Further to this you can always search/browse the relevant ARD User-to-User Forum itself:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Apple Remote Desktop

It's been a while but AFAIK there are no specific structured courses for ARD. Leastways I've never seen any so far apart from the video tutorial.

Apple freely make available for download Administration Manuals for all OSX Server's Services form here:

Apple - Support - Manuals

If all you want is AD-OD Integration with OSX Server augmenting Active Directory with mac-style GPOs the manual most relevant to you might probably be this one:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/UserMgmt_v10.6.pdf

Antonio Rocco (ACSA)
    Last edited by AntonioRocco; 16th October 2010 at 01:08 PM.

Thank Post
    Thank you - I now look forward to trying this on Monday.

Thank Post
    Thank you - that worked a treat

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information