+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, iPad/iPod Touch Presentation Mode in Technical; Hello, We've got an iPad and a single iPod Touch in school now to pass around the departments and see ...

Thank Post

iPad/iPod Touch Presentation Mode

Hello,

We've got an iPad and a single iPod Touch in school now to pass around the departments and see who'd get use out of them, then we can make a decision as to how many we'll get (if any).

One thing that we thought we'd be able to do, is duplicate what's on the ipad/touch on the projector.

We got the proper apple lead (vga connector) but it only outputs content in safari, the ipod functions or photos (if in slideshow mode).

When Steve Jobs does his demos, you can see a duplicate of what he's upto. How does he do this?! Does anyone know if this is some sort of app, or some other magic?

We've got some digital visualisers in school which i've used to show how to use a pda to a class before, but it's not quite the same!

Any thoughts/solutions?

Thank Post
    You will need a script in your app to mirror it to your projector/output.
    There are tools to do the job if you have it JB'd

Cue
    Thank Post
    iDemo will hopefully be coming to the marketplace soon (I plan to JB personally, but that's just me, I like the thought of SSH to my iPhone =P).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbeckett View Post
    Hello,

We've got an iPad and a single iPod Touch in school now to pass around the departments and see who'd get use out of them, then we can make a decision as to how many we'll get (if any).

One thing that we thought we'd be able to do, is duplicate what's on the ipad/touch on the projector.

We got the proper apple lead (vga connector) but it only outputs content in safari, the ipod functions or photos (if in slideshow mode).

When Steve Jobs does his demos, you can see a duplicate of what he's upto. How does he do this?! Does anyone know if this is some sort of app, or some other magic?

We've got some digital visualisers in school which i've used to show how to use a pda to a class before, but it's not quite the same!

Any thoughts/solutions?
    Whoever sold you these has done a bad job, they should have known that any display output from either the iPod Touch or iPad is down to the application so at this time only very few apps will output a signal through the VGA adaptor

Thank Post
    iDemo does look good, doesn't it? Let's hope that it makes it through the white water rapids of Apple's App-roval process (see what I did there?) and can be used on non-jailbroken devices. Did you catch the news item recently by the way saying that a US court has ruled that it's not illegal to JB your iPhone in America? iPhone jailbreaking (and all cell phone unlocking) made legal - Yahoo! News I wonder if anyone over here will push for that.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread