+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Broken iPhone 4 in Technical; So I've gone and done it - soaked my iphone whilst cleaning the car and now the screen is broken. ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Broken iPhone 4

So I've gone and done it - soaked my iphone whilst cleaning the car and now the screen is broken. Everything else works except the damn screen.

A trip to Apple Cardiff is on the cards to see what I can do. Seems to be plenty of companies out there wanting to fix it - but I think I'll leave it to the official guys.

This happned to anyone? I've done the rice trick and the drying gel but the water mark sensors have tripped and the little indicators have turned from white to red.

Gutted.. Not covered on house insurance either!!

Gareth

Thank Post
    My iPhone 4 is still in tip top condition (give or take the enforced bit or rubber around it and a still questionable reception!), but I can feel your pain as I trod on my 3G when 3G's were new! In fact... when I say trod, I mean, squished the life out of and cracked screen in half!

Why isn't it covered on the home insurance?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    I looked into different insurance places - yes cheaper on monthly payments but make you pay more up front if it does go wrong ie 50 to 100 which worked out the same as paying 02 ( who I am with ) the 15 a month and only paying 25 up front for a claim.

Insurance didn't cover it fully for me as they won't cover it 100%, Natwests gold cover costs about 12 a month so easier to just stay with 02 and forget paying natwest that money, I see lloyds do one for about 6 a month and give you better mobile insurance but you have to pay 30 up front when making a claim - not bad though.

Thank Post
    I share your pain......I soaked my 3G and turned the indicators white; like you everything worked except the screen, so I could at least back it up before I took it back. Fortunately I'd taken insurance out with CW so got a brand new one in exchange. My understanding is that other bits in the phone will corrode in time so it's not as simple as just having a new screen.

Hope you get it sorted without having to spend to many s.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    A quick call to MoreThan today and the good news that my phone is covered on my policy but only if it is not fixable. I have to get information from a 'proper' fixer (Apple I guess) on what the cost is. So Genius Bar booked for Friday.

I've been honest in my booking - it's amazing how many people writing on the internet have decided to tell lies at the Apple Store to get their new phone etc.

I'm off now to polish my halo.

Gareth

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread