Poll: Are you gonna buy the iphone?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mac Thread, Apple iPhone - So who's gonna get one? in Technical; So who's getting one? http://www.apple.com/iphone Got to admit, I've never been impressed by any other mob phone before. I always ...
    Thank Post

Apple iPhone - So who's gonna get one?

So who's getting one?

http://www.apple.com/iphone

Got to admit, I've never been impressed by any other mob phone before. I always thought a phone was for phoning people and couldn't be bothered with any other gadgets they might have on them apart from the odd mp3 ringtone.

But the iphone has got me drooling I have to admit

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Apple iPhone - So who's gonna get one?

A phone, for phoning people? Seems a radical idea. I'm not sure if it'll catch on.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

No thanks, not for me.

richard

I might look at one in the future when they've been around for a bit and ironed out the bugs.

Thank Post

With a hefty price tag, probably at least £250, I will have to find justification. I suppose you would pay that for the top model ipod. Also depends on the contract - it looks like apple will team up with a current network provider and offer their own package.

But the phone itself looks very nice.

Thank Post

The iphone looks out-standing, ill definatly be getting one. £250 is well worth it, just as an ipod is worth the rediculous price tag. I can get a 1gb mp3 player from Tesco for £20 which funnily enough players all my music, yet still i shell out for a ipod! its all a question of tatse. Me, personally, love the apple look and happily own an mac book just cuz it looks good on my desk, i didint even look at the spec i just bought the over priced laptop!?

ultimatly it will have to prove itself in a market which is hugely competative, can wait for the nano phone!

Thank Post

Depends on price, how good the UI actually is and if I can get it free on my contract (probably not)

Have to say though I'm not seeing why they are trumpeting the whole "Screen is everything interface" as I have had 2 phones all ready that do this. My old SE 900 was fantastic for this and very impressive without a keypad and had the alternative of a scroll wheel on the side that could do anything in the UI. the 800 before this did it and that was around at least 5 years if not more. Now most smartphones do this too so the idea isn't exactly new.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 812 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks fantastic, I'm salivating already,
    It'll destroy the cellphone market once people see it out in 'the wild'. just like the Ipod did to the DAP market

But 4th quarter 2007? so Christmas then?! blummin' hell

Thank Post

I noticed in the states that you have to go with a particular provider, no choice in the matter. Thats what bugs me about the iPod, you can ONLY download from Apple.

Thats whats going to happen with this thing as well, you'll just get tied to apple.

Plus the battery life is said to be poor, and it doesn't support 3G, so your getting a mobile phone, that isn't latest technology, poor battery life, the camera isn't that great and your tied to apple, but at least it's touch screen!

Thank Post

I have a Nokia E61 and it does everything I want it to. As much as I love Apple Inc., I probably won't get the iPhone (or the Apple TV device). As Stewart said, it doesn't have 3G whereas my E61 does; the battery life is pretty gloomy, and the version of OS X it runs is first party only it seems. So no installing applications from other developers at the moment.

It's nice- the UI especially is really cool- but an iPhone? Where's OS 10.5, iWork, iLife '07 and the new Mac Pros etc etc. What about Adobe's soon-to-be-released Photoshop? With Vista out real soon I think Apple under-sold themselves yesterday.

Thank Post

What exactly does this phone have that's a new feature?

Thank Post

Apple claim it has a user interface that is easy to navigate unlike most phones. You are not really paying for features with this phone, like most apple products, you are paying for design and ease of use. To me this phone doesn't look too bad for the first attemp. Give it time, I'm sure the features will appear later, but the interface looks 10x better than my motorola slvr.

Thank Post

That's because it's a Motorola! They are just as bad as Apple for Style over Substance.

Maybe it's just my anti-Apple-ness, but if this was a Microsoft product it would have been slaughtered as out of date and over priced. As usual, stick the Apple logo on it and everything negative is forgotten.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrforgetful
    Maybe it's just my anti-Apple-ness, but if this was a Microsoft product it would have been slaughtered as out of date and over priced. As usual, stick the Apple logo on it and everything negative is forgotten.
    I agree

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by mrforgetful
    Why do these conversations always end up with an Apple vs Microsoft debate?

You are missing the point. Many phone manufacturers are cramming so many features onto their phones and not giving enough thought as to how you access all these features. Most manufacturers follow suite just copying each other's ideas and trying to match features. You will probably use maybe 20-30% of the features on your phone on a regular basis. Part of the reason for this is that half the features you can't remeber where to find, or you need to get through several menus.

Apple put a lot of time into design. Not just so that it looks good, but so that it is simple and quick to use. That is why you pay more for the end product.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast