Poll: Are you gonna buy the iphone?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mac Thread, Apple iPhone - So who's gonna get one? in Technical; absolutely, I'm sure MS will be accused of ripping off the iphone when they eventually get around to putting a ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

Re: Apple iPhone - So who's gonna get one?

absolutely, I'm sure MS will be accused of ripping off the iphone when they eventually get around to putting a phone into zune. Wonder if they'll 'do a vista' and rip off the interface as well?

Thank Post

They end up this way because it's the same people who flock blindly to Apple that condemn people for doing the same to Microsoft and all accuse the other of doing what they do themselves.

I agree Apple products are simple to use.

I don't agree it's hard to find features on phones. I've not had any problem finding them on my Nokia 5110, 3210, Sony Ericsson T610, Samsung D500 or Nokia N73.

You're right I don't use many features, other than notes, calling, texting, camera, calender, email, contacts, phonebook I don't use much. Games, Office document viewer, music, internet, PDF viewer, Flash viewer etc.

But it's nice to know I could if I wanted.

The main thing I use it for is texting, phoning and the camera. But I wouldn't but the Iphone nearly a year down the line with only a 2Mpx camera as it's not good enough to replace my digicam, whereas a lot coming to the market do.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by mrforgetful
    They end up this way because it's the same people who flock blindly to Apple that condemn people for doing the same to Microsoft and all accuse the other of doing what they do themselves.
    I agree that the loyal fan base that apple has acrued can be a little blind over such matters. But many do not fall into that catagory and I include myself in those. I have worked in a school that was (almost) completely Apple based and found it to be a dream. I now work in a school full of Windows PCs and I must admit, I have had a lot more problems.

But my view at the end of it is that it is good to have variety and use the right tool for the right job. While apple apply their products to the education field much better than microsoft, I recognise that Windows is the industry standard and so should be used in schools. Our main network is windows, but we have apples too for video editing and music. Perhaps we will introduce Linux desktops in the mix at some point.

But in the case of the iphone, I trust that apple will at last give the trusty mobile phone some decent usability that other manufacturers will take a keen interest in.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 973 Posts

Won't they have iPhone apps that you can install onto the phone if you want all the extra apps or w/e else you want to do and they just ship it with a simple config / setup that way you will have the option of putting on the extra stuff if you want to use it or need it and if you dont then its not there taking up or wasting space and confusing ppl who dont use it.

Just a thought , could be wrong .....

I like the screen size and the touch screen...

Thank Post

I will be most deff be buying one soon as it comes to the UK. I have been watching the entire keynote of apple and just wanted it more and more with each minute passing.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Must admit I just don't get it - it's a phone PDA hybrid - wow - new

Yes it's an Apple. If you like Apple stuff (like the tie in/ like the restrictions/ have pots of money) then fine. The other manufacturers are developing identical products. Better I suppose for the tech savvy to pick up devices with the same functionality and save their pennies into the bargain.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts

I won't be getting one, fowl apple junk. I am happy with my SonyEricsson W810i, nice phone and mp3 player. I also have an XDA from O2 so I got a PDA, Media Player, Navigator and phone all in one so there is no need for an iPhone. I have always found the SonyE phones very simple to use and operate.

Oh yeah also forgot to post this - http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/12...unches_iphone/ Wonder how many million Cisco can take them for with this iphone!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by gecko
    Won't they have iPhone apps that you can install onto the phone if you want all the extra apps or w/e else you want to do and they just ship it with a simple config / setup that way you will have the option of putting on the extra stuff if you want to use it or need it and if you dont then its not there taking up or wasting space and confusing ppl who dont use it.

Just a thought , could be wrong .....

I like the screen size and the touch screen...
    What extra stuff? If you have been reading the news then you will know that the probability is that Apple will open up the innards for developers so that they can do some cool things with the widgets etc etc.. But whether you will be able to, say, load a light version of VLC on is another thing entirely. It might have an incarnation of OS X on it, but it isn't *OS X*.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

If it has a shell and can run the old school games emulators that I need then I'll be tempted. Speaking of shells - does anyone know how 'hackable' the Nokia Linux phones are?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts

Ok, following on from my post about how many million Cisco will sue them for. Cisco have filed against Apple for the trademark iPhone which has been owned by Cisco since 2000 (originally owned by a firm that Cisco bought out). Cisco used the trademark the other month on a new Linksys IP Phone, and were going to licence the trademark to Apple but they have not done the paperwork in time! (Paperwork, its always the blasted paperwork!)

Anyway for the full article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6250511.stm or http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070110/...te/cisco_apple

Thank Post

http://doc.weblogs.com/2007/01/10#newsFromTheFuture
    Problem is this could become true!! & everyone at MacWorld would still Whoop and say it is the best thing EVER!!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Hehe, novel idea phoning people a random

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12