+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Email & Calendar Sharing in Technical; First off apologies if this doesnt make sense, ive only been given partial information on the matter! Ive just had ...
    Thank Post

Email & Calendar Sharing

First off apologies if this doesnt make sense, ive only been given partial information on the matter!

Ive just had a convasation regarding our new Principal (fully takes over in sept) she exclusively uses Mac's and uses an iPhone 3GS, Her Email and calandar dont belong to us, infact i think she primarily uses a talk talk account? and currently in order to arrange meetings she has to sit down with her pa and read out her calendar and then the pa types in the information into one on our system.

Now what she wants if to be able to sync her email and calandar with her pa from her home mac and also while she is offsite using her iPhone.

now none of us here use or own any apple kit and for the past 7 years it has been pretty much banned by our now EX network manager.

Im assuming that as she can currently access and update her emails and calander on her phone and those changes sync to her pc, the information or account is stored online?

im just stabbing at the dark here and really dont know where to start? weve been brainstorming and so far were thinking thats she might be using mobileme and we could just install mobile me on the xp machine here and set it up to access her emails and calendar that way?

ahhhhhhhh help my brian is melting!

Thank Post
    She quite possibly uses MobileMe? Don't know if that would help or hinder you though!

Edit: D'oh. Didn't read far enough!
    Last edited by Andycat; 26th May 2010 at 03:46 PM.

Thank Post
    Mobile me and google(gmail) will sync calendars with an iphone.

Thank Post
    Do you have a school exchange server? If so, you could set up mobile access from that and her mac should be able to sync to it as well.

Thank Post
    Just to add that many of us have iPhones here, and sync them to the Exchange server at Jigsaw. That gives us work email and calendars and it's pretty quick and easy. Those of us with Mobileme accounts are able to sync those at the same time on the same phone. If I want to access my Exchange email and calendars from a Mac at home I use Microsoft remote Desktop and a VPN and that works brilliantly. If this is a one-off for your school, some combination of these things might work for you.

Thank Post
    I use googlemail for my mail and calendar. Accessible on macs at home and on phone. Not fantastic though. Could integrate a little better. If she doesn't use mobile me there are rumours that it might be made free. Perhaps 7th June? Also if you have exchange, thats probably the best solution. Works quite well with ical from what i've seen of it.

Thank Post
    Hi guys thanks for the replies

Yes we have exchange, but the account she wants to access and share is her own personal one. at this time im dont know if she is planning on switching to a school account which makes things a bit more difficult.

Hopefully shes using mobileme and we can just set that up

Thank Post
    shes confirmed she does indeed use MobileMe but she says she can only sync with 3 pc's of which shes already doing? is that correct?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread