+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Apple guide to securing your OS X 10.x Clients in Technical; Good morning, I have just come across a link on the AFP548.com website that goes to a security document on ...

Thank Post

Apple guide to securing your OS X 10.x Clients

Good morning,

I have just come across a link on the AFP548.com website that goes to a security document on securing/hardening OS X client machines.

I thought I would post it here for others to see. It looks to be quite a detailed doc.

Apple - Support - Security Configuration Guides

2. 4 Thanks to HodgeHi:

GrumbleDook (20th May 2010), richardp (20th May 2010), skawarrior (26th May 2010)

Thank Post
    thanks! very handy!.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi View Post
    Good morning,

I have just come across a link on the AFP548.com website that goes to a security document on securing/hardening OS X client machines.

I thought I would post it here for others to see. It looks to be quite a detailed doc.

Apple - Support - Security Configuration Guides
    Off the back of this, any idea how I could completely disable the Guest account via ARD/UNIX?
    At present it is set for "allow access to shared folders", but as the security guide suggests disabling completely if not needed, then this is what I would prefer to do.

What I want to avoid is having to log into each machine and configuring the guest accounts manually.

EDIT : would this method work http://marosnax.blogspot.com/2006/06...-mac-os-x.html in the same way as adding the plist for the desktop background did, or is this method very user specific, and editing the plist would in fact reflect the users for the machine it was taken from?
    Last edited by theeldergeek; 20th May 2010 at 11:19 AM.

Thank Post
    If you have a 10.6 (I think it is also in 10.5) OS X Server then you can disable the guest account for machines through WGM. Just go to the preferences for a computer list and apply the setting inside the login option.

This obviously assumes that you have your machines added to the OD (not necessarily bound) and in computer lists.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HodgeHi; 20th May 2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added 10.5

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi View Post
    If you have a 10.6 (I think it is also in 10.5) OS X Server then you can disable the guest account for machines through WGM. Just go to the preferences for a computer list and apply the setting inside the login option.

This obviously assumes that you have your machines added to the OD (not necessarily bound) and in computer lists.
    Good ol' WGM

I've got all my macs in groups, so can apply this. I'm going to find some time to really explore WGM, as there are clearly things in there I need to be exploring.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread