+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Ricoh MPC 4500 on 10.6 in Technical; Hi,, Just wondering if anyone has one of these copiers running on 10.6 (and partly that mac_shinobi will see this ...
    Thank Post

Ricoh MPC 4500 on 10.6

Hi,,
    Just wondering if anyone has one of these copiers running on 10.6 (and partly that mac_shinobi will see this - I didnt want to hijack another thread).
    Now Ricoh tell me that 10.6 is now supported and have sent me a link to apple support to download some extra drivers, I have these installed but cannot get anything to print via our print server (Win2k3). I can however on one machine get stuff to print directly but ideally I need to print via the server.

Thank Post
    not tried doing it that way but from what I gather the following would have to be in place

1. Post script driver installed on the photocopier ( to check this print off a config page, instructions below )

2. Latest Post Script driver installed on the server and obviously shared out which is downloadable from

www.ricoh-support.com/enduser/downloads

3. To install it on the mac you would download the latest Leopard 10.5 PPD installer from the ricoh site and then download the 10.6 dmg which modifies the job log filter to make it work with 10.6. Then you should be able to use bonjour and select windows from the drop down menu and it should see the shared printers on the windows server and obviously go from there.

Any suggestions on where I can upload the 10.6 dmg so I can post a link to it here would be good then you can download that from here ( obviously )

I can test it out to a degree tommorow or later on - although it would be at home so I don't have access to any ricoh equipment whether it be a printer or mfd so bit difficult to try things out like that. I have a 10.4 laptop here but am not sure if that would help at all due to differences in the OS / cups etc.

Printing off a config page from the MFD

1. Press User Tools button which is the 123/Diamond shape button at the top left
    2. Press Printer Features
    3. Press Configuration Page should be the 2nd option down ( not the PCL Configuration Page or any other ones )

This should print off the configuration page and on that page under the system reference section you should see an item named printer languages which will tell you if it has adobe postscript x where x is the version ie 3, if not then you will need this installing on the MFD which is chargeable ( due to being licensed by adobe obviously ) and you can find this out from your account manager as I don't deal with the pricing side of things.

Hope this helps a little bit.

If you do get it working any chance of some feedback on what was done would be much appriecated.

Thanks
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 2nd February 2010 at 10:46 AM.

3. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

dirtydog (2nd February 2010)

Thank Post
    thanks for the post.

Yes our printer has PostScipt 3 installed but the printer server was using a PCL6 driver! I have changed it to PS and will try on a macbook later.

Thanks for the help I may be back shortly with another Ricoh issue

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    thanks for the post.

Yes our printer has PostScipt 3 installed but the printer server was using a PCL6 driver! I have changed it to PS and will try on a macbook later.

Thanks for the help I may be back shortly with another Ricoh issue
    no problem obviously the defaults you set on the servers post script driver ( advanced --> printer defaults ) should hopefully apply as the default options as per normal.

Thank Post
    10.5.8 kerberos printing to Windows print queues still doesn't work. I'm not sure of 10.6 but wouldn't hold my breath. To get it working you will need to download and install the following:

http://www.deploystudio.com/Download...rintd_v1.1.dmg

Follow the guide on how to get the queues set up. In a nutshell, go to Printers and add new printer. Customise the tool bar and add the advanced option. Click on advanced option and then choose the Windows printer via SAMBA with kerberos support v1.0

Fill in the boxes and choose your driver. This should then work providing the driver is correct. But of course if you don't need kerberos printing then ignore all of this

Thank Post
    I also have just come across this link. After watching it, i found it to be quite informative.

http://qtbm.edgeboss.net/download/qt...ntwin-ipod.m4v

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread