+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mac Thread, Ricoh MFP C2800 - print to document server? in Technical; This is a long shot I know, but does anyone know how I can print to a Ricoh MP C2800 ...
    theeldergeek

Ricoh MFP C2800 - print to document server?

This is a long shot I know, but does anyone know how I can print to a Ricoh MP C2800 colour printer's document server from a Mac?

In Windows, I can right click and do the properties 'thing' to make the doc server the destination, but I can't do that on the Mac. I only get a "default" location, which is not the doc server.

I've downloaded the correct Ricoh drivers, read the manual and pulled my hair out.

Now I just want the answer

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 997 Posts
    You should be able to change job type from normal print to document server to do this when you have your document / application open go to file --> print

3rd drop down menu should either state the name of the application you have opened or it will state

copies & pages

Click on this drop down menu and if you go to job log and you should be able to ammend the job type there from normal print to document server

<< I work on the ricoh helpdesk so just drop me a pm if you need any help

If it works if you could pm me the s.n of the copier
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 1st February 2010 at 10:52 AM.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    You should be able to change job type from normal print to document server to do this when you have your document / application open go to file --> print

3rd drop down menu should either state the name of the application you have opened or it will state

copies & pages

Click on this drop down menu and if you go to job log and you should be able to ammend the job type there from normal print to document server

<< I work on the ricoh helpdesk so just drop me a pm if you need any help

If it works if you could pm me the s.n of the copier

I installed it the following way, which you are no doubt going to tell me is wrong...

1. D/loaded and installed the PPD Installer, just followed it through, made no changes.

2. Ran Print & Fax from System Preferences

3. Added printer using IP, protocol IPP (also tried LPD, same result)

4, Input printer IP, printer is automatically found.

5. No extra options installed

Our 2800 is on a EMOS system, and when I print, it sends the job to the printer, but I have to "Free Vend" if I want to print anything.

I want to print to the document server so I can input a dept code for billing before I print.

Right...

Now tell me how to do it properly

EDIT : Done the above, but it is still printing to the printer, not to doc server, or it is pausing the printer.
    Last edited by theeldergeek; 1st February 2010 at 12:46 PM.

Thank Post
    is it leopard version 10.5 or snow leopard version 10.6 of OS X ?

If 10.6 then there is an extra dmg file - my email addy is

shane.russell@ricoh.co.uk

if it is snow leopard drop me an email and i will reply with the dmg.

Also after you have put in the ip address and you said it finds the printer - i am assuming this is the last drop down menu at the bottom and it states something along the lines of

Aficio MPC 2800 PS

If it is selecting generic post script option then it is using the wrong driver.

Also if this is snow leopard then the extra dmg file should help.

Also you said it had an emos system as in equitrac ?

If so what type and version ie

equitrac express version x.y.z

you get equitrac office, express and professional

Apparently if you have equitrac installed there is an extra piece of software that you need to install but I don't deal with equitrac myself so not 100% sure - when printing from the pc's how are you doing this ?

You should hopefully get the job log option
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 1st February 2010 at 01:15 PM.

theeldergeek
    is it leopard version 10.5 or snow leopard version 10.6 of OS X ?

Also after you have put in the ip address and you said it finds the printer - i am assuming this is the last drop down menu at the bottom and it states something along the lines of

Aficio MPC 2800 PS

If it is selecting generic post script option then it is using the wrong driver.

Also if this is snow leopard then the extra dmg file should help.

Also you said it had an emos system as in equitrac ?

If so what type and version ie

equitrac express version x.y.z

you get equitrac office, express and professional

You should hopefully get the job log option
    It's 10.5

It is certainly finding the printer, and listing it correctly, but even when I do tell it to print to doc server, it isn't. I don't know where it is sending it actually.

What option should I use when adding the printer, LPD or IPP?

I have PM'd you by the way.

The EMOS is a Minivend 4, that's it, nothing else on it. We didn't get any software with it either. A guy just turned up, plugged this 'thing' in, asked how much we wanted to make each copy, and left.

I can print to the doc server from my WinXP PC, so I know it's working.

The printer has Bonjour enabled, but doesn't show up in the Bonjour list on my Mac.

I have a headache now anyway.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theeldergeek View Post
    It's 10.5

It is certainly finding the printer, and listing it correctly, but even when I do tell it to print to doc server, it isn't. I don't know where it is sending it actually.

What option should I use when adding the printer, LPD or IPP?

I have PM'd you by the way.

The EMOS is a Minivend 4, that's it, nothing else on it. We didn't get any software with it either. A guy just turned up, plugged this 'thing' in, asked how much we wanted to make each copy, and left.

I can print to the doc server from my WinXP PC, so I know it's working.

The printer has Bonjour enabled, but doesn't show up in the Bonjour list on my Mac.

I have a headache now anyway.

I was trying to reply back via pm but for whatever reason seems to be disabled in your settings ( anyways moving along swiftly )

I normally always add it via LPD and not come across minivend.

With ref to bonjour I would reboot the copier as per verbatim

1. disconnect network cable whilst copier is powered on
    2. power copier off completely so the standby green button at top right and then the red on / off switch thats under the see through plastic cover either on front or side
    3. leave powered off for at least 10 seconds
    4. re connect network cable and then power back on and leave for a couple of mins

Then see if it appears in the list of printers using bonjour , if not then you can use telnet to enable the services.

To check which services are up and running on the copier if you go to

123 / diamond shape button which is the user tools button at the top left
    system settings
    interface settings
    press print list and press the big green copy button at the bottom right and it should print off 3 or 4 pages, one of the pages should show a list of services ie lpr, bonjour etc etc and should state next to each one whether its up or down or w/e

if bonjour or apple talk are down then do the below using telnet

For telnet you.

Open a command prompt
    type telnet ipaddress
    User name= admin
    password = blank ( so ignoring the password field unless you changed it )

<< see below >>>
    set http down (would turn the web interface off)
    set http up (turns the web interface on)
    << see below >>

logout
    yes (to save)

So you can set lpr up/down, set ftp up/down

So in your case you would put

set service up

where service is the name of the service and you need to type logout and press y or type yes and press enter to make sure it saves the settings.
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 1st February 2010 at 01:32 PM.

7. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

theeldergeek
    I was trying to reply back via pm but for whatever reason seems to be disabled in your settings
    Enabled

Thank Post
    Enabled
    Is it working now or whats happened ?

theeldergeek
    I was trying to reply back via pm but for whatever reason seems to be disabled in your settings ( anyways moving along swiftly )

I normally always add it via LPD and not come across minivend.

With ref to bonjour I would reboot the copier as per verbatim

1. disconnect network cable whilst copier is powered on
    2. power copier off completely so the standby green button at top right and then the red on / off switch thats under the see through plastic cover either on front or side
    3. leave powered off for at least 10 seconds
    4. re connect network cable and then power back on and leave for a couple of mins

Then see if it appears in the list of printers using bonjour , if not then you can use telnet to enable the services.

To check which services are up and running on the copier if you go to

123 / diamond shape button which is the user tools button at the top left
    system settings
    interface settings
    press print list and press the big green copy button at the bottom right and it should print off 3 or 4 pages, one of the pages should show a list of services ie lpr, bonjour etc etc and should state next to each one whether its up or down or w/e

if bonjour or apple talk are down then do the below using telnet

For telnet you.

Open a command prompt
    type telnet ipaddress
    User name= admin
    password = blank ( so ignoring the password field unless you changed it )

<< see below >>>
    set http down (would turn the web interface off)
    set http up (turns the web interface on)
    << see below >>

logout
    yes (to save)

So you can set lpr up/down, set ftp up/down

So in your case you would put

set service up

where service is the name of the service and you need to type logout and press y or type yes and press enter to make sure it saves the settings.
    Bonjour is up, no mention of Appletalk on the print-out.

The printer is still not showing despite several other printers around the place all showing in both Bonjour and Appletalk, mainly HP ones that we have, but we do have a Ricoh 5000 in another part of the College, and that is showing up.

I've got no idea what to do next.

Thank Post
    I could try and walk you through the service mode to restart the printer application and one other thing but may need an engineer because of this minivend thing as I don't want to naff that up.

theeldergeek
    I could try and walk you through the service mode to restart the printer application and one other thing but may need an engineer because of this minivend thing as I don't want to naff that up.

I've PM'd you the details of Helpdesk ticket and serial number - can you arrange an engineer through that? Don't want to play around with it really. It's leased/rented or whatever, and doesn't really come under my remit here, so if I naff it up, I'll get shot!

theeldergeek
    I've just gone through everything... re-installed the printer to my Mac, restarted the printer, checked Bonjour is up (it is but doesn't show the printer) and sent a test print to the doc server.

The print job arrives at the printer, but at the printer, not the doc server. I set the EMOS to 'free vend', and the print job I sent over just prints out garbled nonsense.

I give up.

Thank Post
    I've PM'd you the details of Helpdesk ticket and serial number - can you arrange an engineer through that? Don't want to play around with it really. It's leased/rented or whatever, and doesn't really come under my remit here, so if I naff it up, I'll get shot!
    makes 2 of us ref getting shot lol.

Cancelled the helpdesk activity and changed the engineer to a network trained engineer so you should have someone with you at some point although I do not deal with the engineers myself so couldn't tell you when that would be but they should call you ahead of time to give you an eta.

hope this helps some what.

15. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

theeldergeek
    makes 2 of us ref getting shot lol.

Cancelled the helpdesk activity and changed the engineer to a network trained engineer so you should have someone with you at some point although I do not deal with the engineers myself so couldn't tell you when that would be but they should call you ahead of time to give you an eta.

hope this helps some what.
    It helps a lot, thanks

17. Thanks to theeldergeek from:

mac_shinobi (1st February 2010)

Thank Post
    It helps a lot, thanks
    no problem - saves people on the helpdesk trying to call you - as I normally get all the apple mac calls but with no training on the management systems ie equitrac and the one you have I get a bit stuck on that side.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast