+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Mac Start Up Items for all users in Technical; Hello, We have managed to succesfully add our iMacs to AD with the amazingly simple Directory Utility, other than a ...
    Thank Post

Mac Start Up Items for all users

Hello,

We have managed to succesfully add our iMacs to AD with the amazingly simple Directory Utility, other than a slight time difference complaint it was very simple.

Unfortunately, when a user logs in it does not map a home drive... something we were expecting, i've hacked n slashed a bit of applescript to do a few try... end try commands to mount the drives & put a link on the desktop.

This is working OK, still working on catching the errors (haven't put on error yet) but, the issue i'm now having is making this the default start up item for all users.

I've read that I need to copy a couple of files from /library/preference/ (com.apple.LaunchServices.plist and loginwindow.plist) but I can't find LaunchServices & I don't have access to the default user template, or at least i can't su - root from terminal as i don't know root pw... do i even need to do this?

We are on Snow Leopard and we are hardened Windows fans, please be nice with responses :-P

Thank Post
    Not got around to playing with Snow Leopard yet (we won't at work since we have some iBooks still :>), on Leopard we use OD to map drives on login, I believe you could probably do it via login scripts (search login hook)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread