+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mac Thread, Apple loses students to netbooks and Windows in Technical; What isnt mentioned though is that apple do offer some pretty generous discounts to students especially in the states where ...

Thank Post
    What isnt mentioned though is that apple do offer some pretty generous discounts to students especially in the states where the aim is to get young professionals working on a Mac's.
    Ultimately though i think the fear is a low cost netbook style Mac would cheapen the brand and hurt profit margins.

Thank Post
    Im still amazed apple still do not have a blogging package Like windows live writer.

Plus they have only just incorporated flickr uploads into iphoto (iphoto09) windows live gallery was doing that last year.

Personally when i was traveling blogging was important so when i had to choose my macbook or netbook with windows sorry apple you lost big time.

at least they have finally fitted an sd card slot!!!!! to the new macbooks

mark
    Last edited by markcuk; 22nd August 2009 at 02:17 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markcuk View Post
    Im still amazed apple still do not have a blogging package Like windows live writer.

Plus they have only just incorporated flickr uploads into iphoto (iphoto09) windows live gallery was doing that last year.

Personally when i was traveling blogging was important so when i had to choose my macbook or netbook with windows sorry apple you lost big time.

at least they have finally fitted an sd card slot!!!!! to the new macbooks

mark
    iWeb?

I have used live writer and it's pretty good, isn't it? However there are many cool ways of producing far more professional blogs than having to resort to live writer. Rapidweaver on the Mac is the one I am thinking of right now.

Thank Post
    I don't think Apple can really be compaired to any other Laptop manufacturer out there. Apple only sell kit they know people will 'love'.

I have never picked up anything Apple and thought damn this feels tacky or like it was put together using wood glue. Every other manufacuter (even the very reputable ones) have made something that I've picked up and put back down feeling disappointed.

As for the tablet/netbook thing. I have a tablet (RM) and I use the thing instead of my laptop. It just feels better in every way (and yes thats a piece of RM kit), it also does the netbook style tasks with ease (web browsing, simple emails, IM). I cannot wait to see how nice a Apple tablet will feel.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I want a macbook pro desperately but it's the cost that stops me from buying one.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I haven't read the article but a few things I've learnt about Apple are
    1- They don't like to follow the crowd so doubt they will jump on netbook band wagon.
    2- Apple developers have to keep work very tightly under wraps and away from fellow colleagues, they even have locks which stop certain employees accessing technical development rooms.
    3 - They will announce and shock and boy will it be an announcement I reckon and just before christmas...

Thank Post
    I say push that back a few months and you are right on. The grumblings about the tablet are getting louder everyday!

Thank Post
    I switched from using a MacBook at work to a trusty little Samsung NC10 bought for me by my kids for father's day. I love the thing. It has great battery life, can multitask well, and it light and portable. If Apple brought out a netbook (or similar) for around £400 I would jump at it. They probably *will* bring out something like a netbook but not for that price- and so I will keep using my little Samsung for much longer.

If I wanted to video edit and play around with photos I would use my MBP. But at work where I need something light, portable, power efficient and able to complete the tasks I ask of it, netbooks are ideal.

Apple may prove me wrong on the price front, but when I dream about that happening I wake up to cold reality with corn flakes plastered wildly over my pale face

Paul

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    i have now read the artical and as for the point about Apple has little regard for the saying
    "the customer is always right"

Apple says the customer does not know what he or she wants..until.......it is in front of them and they can see it, touch it, feel it -play with it and if it's (Apple) "love it"!
    I am quite happy to pay more for Apple products, i like the level of detail they put into design, even the small details that are hidden away effort is made.
    The fact is Apple now caters for all, with the ease of use and simplicity Apple have made their name in the IT industry and even the MUSIC industry.
    I am addicted to itunes and my ipod/phone to the point where the click on/off bottom is so smooth and 3 presses to get to your tune.
    I will quite happily pay the right price for the right quality product. I look forward to hearing more about new Apple releases and if that is a tablet then i have high expectation from them they have a reputation to keep up now!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12