+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mac Thread, Bad Apple! in Technical; Apple Gets The Pip Over 'Exploding IPods' I think I'll go for the new Sony Walkman lol...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Bad Apple!

Apple Gets The Pip Over 'Exploding IPods'

I think I'll go for the new Sony Walkman lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 971 Posts
    Apple are investigating the few incidents where the handsets did that - another reason why Im lucky that my upgrade is only due at around Christmas time

MacUser: News: Apple to investigate “exploding” iPhones

Sonys root kit - I wonder if they ever admitted to that or what happened with that

Mark's Blog : Sony, Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far

So looks like its not just apple

They are all as bad as each other.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Apple are investigating the few incidents where the handsets did that - another reason why Im lucky that my upgrade is only due at around Christmas time

MacUser: News: Apple to investigate “exploding” iPhones

Sonys root kit - I wonder if they ever admitted to that or what happened with that

So looks like its not just apple

They are all as bad as each other.
    I choose a rook kit over a explosion while im on the phone or listening to tunes fella

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    I choose a rook kit over a explosion while im on the phone or listening to tunes fella
    They made at least 5 million phones and Ive only heard of that one exploding and some others having heat issues and changing colour ( but have no proof what so ever as to if thats the case or not )

xbox 360's had an over heating issue as per the url you posted on the other thread not long ago and everyone was happy enough to fork out more money to buy the modded GPU heat sink kit or w/e it was yet because its apple it makes bigger news

Are people on edugeek all backed by microsoft or something because as soon as you mention anything apple related it gets made into this big thing.

I had an issue with my first iphone 3G I got - took it straight back to the apple store and no arguements or debating who is right or wrong they connected the phone to a laptop and could see instantly that the phones charge was rubbish and they did a straight swap out, was in and out of the store within 10 mins

I've got a mac pro and ive not once had an over heating issue ( admitidly there is no battery ) and I did have a power book G4 before this and used it a hell of a lot and it only started getting about 10 degrees celsius hotter nearer the end and they sent me out a new battery straight away as they re called it and I havent used it but I still have the first battery which was said to explode or catch fire if used and I used it a couple of times and was fine.

EDITED
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 20th August 2009 at 08:06 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    They made at least 5 million phones and Ive only heard of that one exploding and some others having heat issues and changing colour ( but have no proof what so ever as to if thats the case or not )
    believe me its not the first time we have heard about apples battery issues it seems they like to get there customers to keep quiet thus the reason while there has been less publicity over these issues,
    This problem has been seen on products across the apple range including mac books iphones and ipods

Thank Post

Sony rootkits and DRM was 2004-2005. Its 2009.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Sony rootkits and DRM was 2004-2005. Its 2009.
    Yes I am aware of that and I did read the article and see the date / time stamp but as per my above comment I did state what ever happened with that because I didnt recall seeing any big news article saying sony was getting sued for breach of computer misuse or anything of the likes

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

xbox 360's had an over heating issue as per the url you posted on the other thread not long ago and everyone was happy enough to fork out more money to buy the modded GPU heat sink kit or w/e it was yet because its apple it makes bigger news

Are people on edugeek all backed by microsoft or something because as soon as you mention anything apple related it gets made into this big thing.

I had an issue with my first iphone 3G I got - took it straight back to the apple store and no arguements or debating who is right or wrong they connected the phone to a laptop and could see instantly that the phones charge was rubbish and they did a straight swap out, was in and out of the store within 10 mins

I've got a mac pro and ive not once had an over heating issue ( admitidly there is no battery ) and I did have a power book G4 before this and used it a hell of a lot and it only started getting about 10 degrees celsius hotter nearer the end and they sent me out a new battery straight away as they re called it and I havent used it but I still have the first battery which was said to explode or catch fire if used and I used it a couple of times and was fine.

EDITED
    PMSL touchy touchy , we could ask the same, do you work for Apple fella as even in a post regarding the PS3 you have to mention your requirements with Apple hardware upgrading lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    PMSL touchy touchy , we could ask the same, do you work for Apple fella as even in a post regarding the PS3 you have to mention your requirements with Apple hardware upgrading lol
    lol because I want to use my money on my apple mac not on a sony PS3 when I can game on my Apple and have no need or use for a PS3

I only made one comment what I was going to use my money on

It was a gaming topic and computer wise regardless of which computer you have - better hardware specs means better more seamless gaming hence upgrading hence newer consoles all the time - I mean even the sony PS3 has 8 cores
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 20th August 2009 at 08:19 AM.

Thank Post
    SanDisk clip here, cheaper then the iPod Shuffle and it's got a screen.

Apple kit is beautiful, but I personaly don't get on with it.

Thank Post
    I heard Apple pays it's fan boys a hefty sum each month

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apoth0r View Post
    I heard Apple pays it's fan boys a hefty sum each month
    Where do I sign up?

Thank Post
    "You will be contacted...."

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've heard of various cases. More than one by a long way.

Incidentally when Dell and Sony had similar issues with laptop batteries they immeadiately issued a recall of ALL those batteries, and replaced them free of charge. I suppose this is where Apple's idea that the user shouldn't be trusted to replace their own battery bites them.

An XBox 360 is a few hundred, and you can swap the heat sink or slap an extra cooling module on the back yourself. Also, while I've heard of them failing because of over heating none of them have yet set fire to a car, or someone's trousers.

If your iPhone had caught fire in your pocket, you might want more than to be offered a refund/replacement tied to a gagging order. I know I would.

The odds of any single battery being one of the ones that explodes are minor. The problem is the sheer number out there, and this is why I will never understand Apple's policy of preventing their customers from replacing the batteries themselves.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apoth0r View Post
    "You will be contacted...."
    When?

I've been preaching the word and truth of our lord and saviour, Steve Jobs, for many a year now ( ) and have not yet received so much as a dime.

I need a new MacBook Pro as well

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast