+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Mac Policys once bind with windows ad in Technical; When a Mac has been bind with windows ad which group policy will take place on the mac? the policy ...

Thank Post

Mac Policys once bind with windows ad

When a Mac has been bind with windows ad

which group policy will take place on the mac? the policy set on the mac server or the windows policy?

also how would i go about mapping a shared area for students to save into located on the mac server?

the mac seems to map the students home area on the windows sever. (which is what i wanted)
    but pupils do not get acces to the hard drive even though the hard drive is not locked down in the mac server policies? (but would be locked down in the windows policy)

what i want to do is get pupils to save word proccessing docs in the windows home area, and movies saved onto the mac server.
    But on imovie it seems not to let them import to the mac sever. it automatically defaults to the windows home area. i would prefer to save to the hard drive and then copy the files over to the Mac sever.

is there away around this? any one who could explain how things work once bind with Windows server would be a true star!!

Any Help would be great!
    ow and sorry if this sounds a bit all over the place =0) im not still trying to get my head round the mac world
    Last edited by Peej; 29th July 2009 at 03:15 PM.

Thank Post
    No group policies will apply... GPOs are a Windows only thing. Your Open Directory server does the locking down on the Macs.

The default is to create a local home folder and map the UNC path to the network share.

If you want access to a shared area too, you will need to mount a SMB share - this could be done in a default template or using a login hook.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread