+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Macs are lovely when they work !! in Technical; Hi all, my apologises if this has been posted else where, only i haven't been able to find it. I ...
    Thank Post

Macs are lovely when they work !!

Hi all,
    my apologises if this has been posted else where, only i haven't been able to find it. I have a number of macs all suffering one of two problems.

Problem 1 :- All the macs are bound to my AD network and when a user powers up a mac book or ibook wirelessly not all the services are available and hence they can not log on. However, if they plug in an ethernet cable or log in as the local admin and log out and then log in as themselves all the services are available. This one is driving me nuts as this problem doesn't always occur.

Problem 2 :- We have recently deployed WEP keys to all our wireless access points, in the most part this has worked well and has stopped users Itouches and Iphones from connecting to the network . However, every now again the users play with the wireless settings and the WEP key has to be re-entered. This in its self is not a problem, what is a problem is the fact that the macs don't recognise either the WEP key or the Wireless Access Point. Thus far the only way round is to rebuild the effected mac, which I don't want to do for obvious reasons.

Can anyone suggest a way forward on the above??

Thanks

Thank Post
    I'm not sure if this relates to your problem 2 or not, however I've had a problem connecting to my wireless network at home.

I managed to solve the problem by deleting all the preferred networks stored in System Preferences -> Network -> Airport -> Advanced

And then on the keychain, I removed all entries regarding Wireless Access and WEP keys.

I could then reconnect to my wireless and haven't any problems since. It now remembers the wireless and the WEP key fine.

Although, this would only be the problem if your users are allowed to connect to other wireless networks. So not sure if this is relational.

3. Thanks to rolfea from:

Geek_of_HeathMount (6th June 2009)

Thank Post
    It did help I had found that someone, who will remain nameless at this point , had brought in and plugged in another WAP and tried to configure it to work with the network. However, as they were unsuccessful they removed it from the building. This of course meant that the mac thought it had all the right credentials, which it didn't.

Thank Post
    Glad it helped

6. Thanks to rolfea from:

Geek_of_HeathMount (6th June 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread