+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Recommend me a mouse (Bluetooth) in Technical; I've got a new mac book pro, would you buy a might mouse? Suggest others?...

Thank Post

Recommend me a mouse (Bluetooth)

I've got a new mac book pro, would you buy a might mouse? Suggest others?

Thank Post
    There are a lot of people that don't like the wireless Mighty Mouse but I have one and think it's one of the nicest mice I have ever used. I have a desktop Mac as well with the wired equivalent and even this doesn't feel quite as good.

Having a proper Apple Mouse is easier when configuring things such as Expose etc (if you use it).

Tom

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-UK View Post
    There are a lot of people that don't like the wireless Mighty Mouse but I have one and think it's one of the nicest mice I have ever used. I have a desktop Mac as well with the wired equivalent and even this doesn't feel quite as good.

Having a proper Apple Mouse is easier when configuring things such as Expose etc (if you use it).

Tom
    Right click is terrible though, and the scroll tends to stop working, which means cracking open the case and glueing back together. As they age you tend to start pressing the side buttons accidentally when you pick it up to move. Battery life is good.

Thank Post
    I have set the scroll wheel up to act as right click - which I find not only works well, but prevents the wheel from getting clogged up and so keeping away from the stopping scrolling problem you have mentioned.

As you say about battery life - I have had my wireless one for about 5 months now - and it is used all day everyday. The battery life indicator is still showing 3/4 full.

Tom

Thank Post

Thumbs up

I find the bluetooth mighty mouse is great. It isn't as heavy as many other bluetooth mice I have used. I would agree with people that the scroll goes out, but I have never had to crack it open. Usually if you take a moist towelette or a paper towel with glass/multi-surface cleaner and roll it back and forth on the ball it is good as new.

I love the options of the mouse and the ability to reassign things. I can't use the side buttons at all though...turns out that is exactly where I grip the mouse so I just disabled them. I setup the scroll button as expose all windows so my productivity is super fast with that.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread