+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Apple reseller near Worcester? in Technical; Why is it turning out to be so difficult to buy from Apple? We're currently PC only here but I'm ...
    Thank Post

Apple reseller near Worcester?

Why is it turning out to be so difficult to buy from Apple?

We're currently PC only here but I'm looking to introduce Macs. Problem is I can't find anywhere to buy and get advice.

I rang Apple Education who told me they can't open any new accounts, I have no idea why and the scandinavian sounding lady I spoke to couldn't tell me. All that she could apparently tell was to find a local reseller! She wouldn't even give me any details of local resellers, just left me to my own devices. I have to say I'm not impressed so far!!!

Does anyone have a sensible contact at Apple? Someone that I stand a better than 50-50 chance of getting some common sense out of before I decompose? Alternatively does anyone know of a decent education-savvy reseller in or near Worcester?

I'll be grateful for any help. Apple seem hell-bent on stopping me actually buying anything from them!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
    Why is it turning out to be so difficult to buy from Apple?

We're currently PC only here but I'm looking to introduce Macs. Problem is I can't find anywhere to buy and get advice.

I rang Apple Education who told me they can't open any new accounts, I have no idea why and the scandinavian sounding lady I spoke to couldn't tell me. All that she could apparently tell was to find a local reseller! She wouldn't even give me any details of local resellers, just left me to my own devices. I have to say I'm not impressed so far!!!

Does anyone have a sensible contact at Apple? Someone that I stand a better than 50-50 chance of getting some common sense out of before I decompose? Alternatively does anyone know of a decent education-savvy reseller in or near Worcester?

I'll be grateful for any help. Apple seem hell-bent on stopping me actually buying anything from them!
    Hiya,

We are a Apple reseller and can happily provide you with your requirements, if you pm me your details and what you need I will work on pricing for you straight away,

Thank Post
    I think that KRCS have an outlet in Coventry - using my limited Geography isn't a million miles away from you?

In my past experience they have always been fairly education aware and certainly seem to know what they are talking about as far as Apple is concerned.

https://www.krcs.co.uk

Tom

Thank Post
    There a company called AT Computers who are an authorised Apple Reseller. They are based in Tewksbury. We used them to purchased 45 iMacs and Xserver/Xraid setup and they were very helpful.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    Hiya,

We are a Apple reseller and can happily provide you with your requirements, if you pm me your details and what you need I will work on pricing for you straight away,
    Thanks for the quick reply. Problem is that I don't (yet) know what we want. As I said in my OP we're currently 100% PC / Windows / Windows Server here; I'm convinced that I'd like to start introducing Macs, especially in the art and music departments to get a foot in the door but I need to start putting a case together ready for the new budget spend period in the summer.

It's advice and budget info that I need right now.

6. Thanks to Number6 from:

CPLTD (17th March 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ranj View Post
    There a company called AT Computers who are an authorised Apple Reseller. They are based in Tewksbury. We used them to purchased 45 iMacs and Xserver/Xraid setup and they were very helpful.
    Thanks ranj

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    Hiya,

I have found Simon can do the best prices. I would give im a call and see what he can do

Thank Post
    Are AT still trading> I used them for Adobe stuff but got no reply last time I tried to contact them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Are AT still trading> I used them for Adobe stuff but got no reply last time I tried to contact them.
    Yep, apparently.

I emailed them and they got straight back to me.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread