+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mac Thread, Mac Pro Just ordered in Technical; Originally Posted by gecko Going to get a samsung, dell or liyama TFT ( not sure yet so any recommendations ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Going to get a samsung, dell or liyama TFT ( not sure yet so any recommendations ) as per above would be welcomed.
    I won't begin to tell you how very very jealous I am! Personally I'd go for the Samsung Pebble, best TFT I've ever seen - 2ms response, 2000:1 contrast, 3000 candels, etc.

You really really need 2 24" displays though!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,313 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd go with a Dell one myself. I used a couple of their 21" screens when I was at uni and they were superb.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Samsung Screen for me, much better than the crapple ones, I can't believe someone I know spent all that money on a 21" Apple Display and was like oooh its amazing (when compairing it to there 60 value 17" TFT) then I got the same firm a decent 21" Samsung TFT for a wall mounted display unit that was something like 160 and they were like wow that Samsungs brill bet it was more than my apple, I showed them the bill, they havent spoken to me since hehe. Always said Apple was waaaaay overpriced.

Thank Post

24" TFT

Was just curious where to get a decent TFT from as I have been looking at the samsung T240HD which looks really good spec wise ( aside from it only is 5ms ) but cant seem to find it. Will get one of those asap but will have to wait a while before I can get another one.

I know about ebuyer, misco, dabs, aria, amazon , ebay etc but cant seem to find the model I mentioned above.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,313 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Was just curious where to get a decent TFT from as I have been looking at the samsung T240HD which looks really good spec wise ( aside from it only is 5ms ) but cant seem to find it. Will get one of those asap but will have to wait a while before I can get another one.

I know about ebuyer, misco, dabs, aria, amazon , ebay etc but cant seem to find the model I mentioned above.
    Richersounds, dixons, xppassport.net and importmarket.co.uk all seem to have it.

Thank Post
    Looking at that TFT was wondering if there was one similiar but with 2ms response instead of 5ms and with the same or similiar connections that at least has HDCP support and a dvi connector.

Thank Post

shipped yesterday :D

ok got an email confirming it was shipped yesterday - not sure how long it will take them to deliver it though and not sure who they use to ship ?

One other thing is that I have a 74gb western digital 10,000 RPM hdd - would I be better using it as a boot drive and for apps or can I use this as say a secondary drive and point the os to use it for something else to help speed the system up or what exactly ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just to note.. if your looking to get a 24" monitor..

Go to iiyama.. I will be getting one of these in a few weeks as they are releasing a new model and i have the lovley oppertunity to play with it... but that will have a 2ms response rate

I have a 21" iiyama now with a 2ms response rate and i think there screens are awsome and very cheap aswell i think

James.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ok got an email confirming it was shipped yesterday - not sure how long it will take them to deliver it though and not sure who they use to ship ?

One other thing is that I have a 74gb western digital 10,000 RPM hdd - would I be better using it as a boot drive and for apps or can I use this as say a secondary drive and point the os to use it for something else to help speed the system up or what exactly ?
    My iMac arrived two days after shipping, with a bit of luck it will be with you on thursday!

Thank Post

out for delivery

My Mac Pro is out for delivery today - the tension and excitement is building up - wish TNT would hurry up !!!!

Thank Post
    Hehe congrats, I got a mac not too long ago (need it for some of my game development work).

Came to:
    Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    2GB (2x1GB) RAM
    1TB Disk
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
    Apple Cinema Display (20" flat panel)

... and the usual peripheral gumph.

No applecare though, don't need it.

I should get logic on there too since I also semi professionally produce dance music too and chances are my m-audio card would work on the mac.

Coincidentally, if anyone out there does maya as a hobby and would like to have a crack at working on a game as a pet project get in touch, I've got way too much work on my hands

Thank Post

My New Mac Pro

Video On YouTube

YouTube - My Gorgeous Mac Pro

Mac my black lab pedigree puppy got a bit confused as I was opening my Mac Pro Curiosity got the better of him
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 16th August 2008 at 12:00 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    how are you finding it?

Thank Post

Great

It works like a dream, it doesn't flinch when I am doing a ton of stuff and Im loving it. The only weird thing - not sure if its normal or not is front row when you open it just opens it doesnt open like it does on an imac where it swirls around as its coming up ( which I was a little disappointed about - not sure if there is a fix for that )

Other then that front row works and Am still using and playing with it - installed windows and doom 3 and that works a charm.

The wireless keyboard and mouse just works for me and other then that I could do with a 24" TFT and a blu ray drive

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It looks a heavy thing

I bet it wasn't cheap either.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast