+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mac Thread, Rumored Mac Price Drop due to increasing Price Gap in Technical; From what I understand, it is very unlikely that apple will ever do a tablet-pc. All previous rumors ultimately turned ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    From what I understand, it is very unlikely that apple will ever do a tablet-pc. All previous rumors ultimately turned out to be the iPod Touch. For the laptops apple have appeared to go down the route of including the iPod Touches multi-touch gestures into the trackpad.

From the PC side, Tablet-PC have never really been a big market success. And touchscreens seem very niche. Why would Apple waste time developing something no one wants.

Oh the did...The Air! Sorry, still think it's a good idea with bad execution. Asus took the same basic idea and got it right with the EeePC, IMHO.

Thank Post
    I love my Mac Mini. The only problem is it is so underpowered. It was second hand I bought off a mate so can't complain, but I have iTunes, Firefox and iRooster running permanently and it starts to grind. Anything else just gets the loverly umbrella up lots and lots.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    There has been talk of a touchscreen/tablet based mac in the works. but apple rumours do tend to get away with themselves...
    There are a few bespoke ones around at the moment, usually built by a few of the Japanese fan boys, but some from the States have been ssen over this way.

Still, a 12" tablet style MacBookPro based around the Air, that uses the Ink and Touch functionality would be nice, but it would have to be plastics based as Apple has such an issue with cooling on their metal cased notebooks ... and in black it would look really good ...

Strange that no-one has a decent picture of it on the rumour sites.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    From what I understand, it is very unlikely that apple will ever do a tablet-pc. All previous rumors ultimately turned out to be the iPod Touch. For the laptops apple have appeared to go down the route of including the iPod Touches multi-touch gestures into the trackpad.

From the PC side, Tablet-PC have never really been a big market success. And touchscreens seem very niche. Why would Apple waste time developing something no one wants.

Oh the did...The Air! Sorry, still think it's a good idea with bad execution. Asus took the same basic idea and got it right with the EeePC, IMHO.
    maybe they'd see it as an opportuntity to give the market a shot in the arm, thus turn it into a viable revenue generating opportunity, like they did with the smartphone market.

the iphone is going to beef up in a version that fills the PDA role....don't hear much about pda's these days....but that would probably attract those who require more pda-like power in their hands, and there's defintely a market for ink style technology....all those frustrated palm users looking to joing the 21st century....a fatter iphone 3g with multitouch and ink could gain a lot of traction in business. Similarly a tablet could end up being niche or it could rewrite the rules of what a tablet can do.

the only reason tablets haven't taken off is because only microsoft and the oem's have really had a stab at it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12