+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, OD-AD and kerberised printing in Technical; Hello folks, I have just started going down the AD-OD integration path again. So far so good. I have the ...

Thank Post

OD-AD and kerberised printing

Hello folks,

I have just started going down the AD-OD integration path again. So far so good. I have the users authenticating from the AD and have the Users profiles on the OD server mounting over AFP.

The issue i have now though (and did with Tiger as well) is the Printing to the AD queues. I can print to them if i authenticate but i thought it was supposed to be kerberised. I have looked at the enable kerberos authentication in the cups but it still requests authentication for the queue.

Am i missing something...again?

Thank Post
    I had some issues with this but it was more related to getting the printers added in the first place. In the end, I happened to be moving over to a Linux-based print server so that I could use PyKota et al and of course this solved the problem since it is CUPS based.

I know that this doesn't solve your problem but if Mac-integration is important it is definitely worth considering because it is dead easy!

Thank Post
    is there a section on how to build this Linux-based server with Pykota on here? Its definitely something I'm interested in as we are looking at print monitoring/control now anyway? Any possibility of getting an parallels image build of your server which can be changed to suit our environment. I'm not that great on Linux you see

Thank Post
    I had a look on their site but couldn't find much information out about which version of linux is best suited to that pykota system.

What would i need to do in order to get a linux based print server talking to mac clients. Plus how does the Pykota do its print control? Does it pull the users in from the AD?

Sorry for all the questions but need as much information as possible to start the build process.

Thank Post
    i have downloaded Ubuntu and tried to get it to join the AD domain.

I have downloaded 8.04 and all the updates but it seems to have failed to join. I downloaded likewise-open using apt-get to join to the AD domain. It downloaded and seemed to install OK but it gave me an error when joining. It said that it could not stop the daemon. I manually stopped and started the daemon and then logged out and back in to check if i could log in as a network user. I could not.

The thing is i don't know how to rectify the issue and don't really know where to start.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread