+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Apple WWDC 08 today in Technical; Hello, Is anyone planning on watching the apple WWDC which is usually full of apples new products for the year. ...
    Thank Post

Apple WWDC 08 today

Hello,

Is anyone planning on watching the apple WWDC which is usually full of apples new products for the year.

I know the new iPhone is coming out but rumors think that a tablet maybe a coming!

Ross

Thank Post
    All I want is 802.1x support on the touch or iphone :|

Thank Post
    I'll be glad to see support for saving images from web pages on the iPhone. It'd be nice if O2 offer a cheap upgrade to the 3G iPhone as well but I can't see it happening tbh!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    All I want is 802.1x support on the touch or iphone :|
    thats already been mentioned in the iphone SDK launch event in march. 802.11x is a part of 2.0 software.

As always im really looking forward to WWDC.

Thank Post
    I thought the WWDC announcements were great.

The new iPhone 3G is a winner for me- and the price (159 with 35 a month charge from 02) a lot better than the deal I currently have with T-Mobile. Of course you could get the new iPhone from 02 PAYG!!

The Snow Leopard updates are *more* interesting for me- OpenCL, 64-bit support, Exchange support out-of-the-box and ZFS (read and write) on the server edition.

Yep- a much better WWDC than the last one and some promising signs coming out of Cupertino

Paul

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's only 99 for the 8GB model, or free if you go for the 45 a month tariff.

Even the 16GB model is free on the 75 a month tariff.

I think Apple just made up my mind what my next phone will be

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My existing contract runs until 14/01 ... but I will be getting a 'work' phone with the secondment. I wonder what I will be asking for?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    My existing contract runs until 14/01 ... but I will be getting a 'work' phone with the secondment. I wonder what I will be asking for?
    My contract comes to an end sometime at the beginning of August... Lucky me!

Thank Post
    I currently have the older iPhone but got it of ebay and unlocked it to orange. I am glad i did this now because i did not want to be tied into a 18 month contract. But hearing now that the 3G one is a hell of a lot cheaper i may get a contact now seeing as my orange contract is up for renewal.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    It's only 99 for the 8GB model, or free if you go for the 45 a month tariff.

Even the 16GB model is free on the 75 a month tariff.

I think Apple just made up my mind what my next phone will be
    hsdpa really is the killer feature, add in cisco vpn and exchange push email support in iphone 2.0 and you've got a killer device for when you're remote working.

What would be nice is to see a data+email tariff for the iphone over hsdpa...a 750mb fair usage policy would be nice and reasonable price point, i'd hesitate with phone as modem support because the bluetooth connection would seriously handicap the performance - and no doubt 02 would want to whack another 10-20 quid per month for the dubious privildge of connecting your laptop over hsdpa via the iphone... those prices sound reasonable to me if they include data, so phone free on 45/month tariff with data and push email.

Those prices also answers the question about the iphone being subsisdied by the mobos...

haven't looked into it, but has anyone tried using the iphone as a dual-mode phone, so as a SIP handset on the wlan and seamless handover to GSM/Cellular when out of range. IF it could that aswell as the other stuff, then there's no real reason to look at the HTC's and other windows smartphones. Blackberrys will still have the edge with push email but they're a one-trick pony and the only phone i can see that can compete is the N96...and it's debatable whether that would be as useful for business. It certianly can't browse the web as well as the iphone can with safari.

Thank Post
    torledo, if you have exchange server it is push email via active sync
    also what is interesting is the notification service i suppose any email service like google mail could take advantage of it to fake push email(so you get notifications of new emails).

1 thing i would still like is a privacy setting. having txt messages pop up when your showing your gran your new iphone could be a little embarrassing and I still cant believe how amazing the games are.

Thank Post
    I get a free upgrade, nice! If I'd had to pay full price, I'd have given it a miss because GPS and 3G aren't worth quite that much to me (edge is fine, I'm a patient guy )

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread