+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Leopard Bugs in Technical; Having recently started to image our brand new leopard clients for integration to AD I have noticed a few annoying ...

Thank Post

Leopard Bugs

Having recently started to image our brand new leopard clients for integration to AD I have noticed a few annoying bugs which could do with being ironed out. If anyone could help out with any of these I would be most grateful.

The first problem I am having is after I logout of leopard using a windows network account, the account gets locked out.

The other problem is we map a network share for all users to access the shared documents. On the desktop there is a shortcut which takes you to the shared documents. However if you open up finder and click the share available on the sidebar it shows the entire root of the server shared documents is stored on. This is a real problem as although generally not much can be changed here or deleted the odd item is writeable. Is there anyway to change this? on our tiger clients when you click shared documents through the finder it displays only what it should.

I should point out that we are using 10.4 Server with 10.5 Clients. Most settings get applied through Workgroup manager policies and some small settings I have built into the image.

Cheers in advance.
    Adam.

Thank Post
    What I'm actually looking to do initially is stop various items appearing on the sidebar for all users. I know you can do this through finder preferences but the users can easily change it back. I need to find a way of de-selecting the items and have this setting apply on a global scale. Then find a way of disabling the finder preferences menu.

Getting pretty desperate

Thank Post
    How are you setting up the default user templates, kinda like windows OS X has a default profile for each language setting that a new user will receive.

I cant remember how this behaives. you might find if you dont set preferences to 'always' in the managed prefs then i will merge from 3 places(can someone correct me if im wrong!!!).
    a) The local profile in system/Library/User Templates/English.proj or Non_localized(this might only be the case for the 1st time a user logins)
    b) pref files from their own ~/Libary/Prefrences
    c) then the above is merged/overwritten by managed prefs.
    Once (ie when they 1st login)
    Often(every time the managed prefs get updated by a admin overwriting any changes made by the user)
    or
    Always (no matter what the setting it should overwrite it.)

we tend to setup a user how we want it and then copy it to every single users library/preferences and then also apply managed prefs.

if were using OD and not AD for user authentication, you can copy files to the /system/library/user template folder on the servers and it will auto create home folders when creating new users (ignore this point obviously!)

Also your lockout problem, in this forum someone had a fix by disabling automounts, which doesn't effect AD Users.
    Last edited by gaz350; 4th June 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi Many thanks for your reply. I have managed to edit the sidebar and I have it applying for every user. The account lockout issue has also been rectified.

The only thing I need to do now is find a way of stopping users going into finder preferences. Any thoughts would be great.

I have had a look in com.apple.finder.plist but didn't see anything that stood out.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread