+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Mac help ? in Technical; Just curious if there are any tutorials out there with regards to x code and how to get the apple ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts

Mac help ?

Just curious if there are any tutorials out there with regards to x code and how to get the apple on the lid of my power book to turn off and on in the same fashion that the LED at the front of the power book goes on and off whilst it is sleeping.

Thank Post

Re: Mac help ?

That's a passive light. It can't be manipulated like that as far as I am aware. Don't worry about it. Everyone with a Mac loves the way the logo just shines- learn to like it.

X Code: search Google- there are loads of articles about it. One thing is for sure- it isn't as easy as picking up Visual Basic and making pretty windows that do stuff ;-)

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by gecko
    Just curious if there are any tutorials out there with regards to x code and how to get the apple on the lid of my power book to turn off and on in the same fashion that the LED at the front of the power book goes on and off whilst it is sleeping.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think that would be possible - I believe the Apple is simply a window through the lid to the screen backlight so it illuminates when the screen is on and not otherwise.

As kingswood says, though, it's cool enough like that anyway

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by crc-ict
    I believe the Apple is simply a window through the lid to the screen backlight so it illuminates when the screen is on and not otherwise.
    Correct, turn your screen brightness up and down and notice the apple logo changes brightness with it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries

hmmm ... he could use automator to do just that very thing ... it would be very sad and pathetic though ...

I take it the Paul has told you the truth about having to reinstall your machine then? ;-)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information