+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, SSL and squrrelmail in Technical; So i have been configuring my services for a while now on my os x server. I have got a ...

Thank Post

SSL and squrrelmail

So i have been configuring my services for a while now on my os x server.

I have got a forum up and running along with a support desk and the website with webmail running along side it. I have re-directed all traffic from http to https for webmail domain name and the same for the forum. I have configured the services to use SSL under the mail option in the server admin for both SMTP and IMAP.

I have now run into a problem.

I can't log in as a user anymore when using webmail. My mail client works fine and can send and receive no problems but when trying it from webmail login (which i think is squirrelmail) authentication fails.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with squirrelmail and SSL. Are there any requirements that need to be sorted before it will work through SSL?

TIA

Thank Post
    you need to run the squirellmail config script on your machine, and put in the new settings for IMAP, for example when using SSL imapi jumps from port 143 to port 993

Thank Post
    I was trying to authenticate users through the webmail system from the mail service in the OD. If that makes sense. So the squirrelmail was running localhost basically.

What i needed to do was make squirrelmail use cram-md5 authentication as i have disabled the use of the other types in the mail service in server admin. You can't do this through the squirrelmail conf so you have to edit the config.php manually. This seem to do the trick.
    Last edited by HodgeHi; 24th January 2008 at 01:50 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information