+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Is my domain Admin account screwed? in Technical; Well so far it's been a bad morning. The domain name still can't find my server and i don't know ...

Thank Post

Angry Is my domain Admin account screwed?

Well so far it's been a bad morning. The domain name still can't find my server and i don't know why, i have started having authentication issues with my users in the OD and now i think my dir admin account is knackered.

Why do i think that? Well i tried to connect to the server to create a replica only to find that i had disabled SSH for security reasons whilst trying to sort the firewall out but when i tried to restart it it failed. I then managed to get it ticked and running i think but when i went to create the replica it failed to authenticate as the dir admin account.

I went into WGM only to find that i can no longer change/ modify or delete or create any users in the lists. I can however authenticate OK to the LDAP/127 node.

I tried a repair on disk permissions while logged in as root but no good.

Anyone else ran into this before?

Thank Post
    HI

Please can you give us some more detail what os are you using?

Also if you have been changing the firewall on the server this could stop the clients finding the server.

Start off at the beginning and check that you have connectivity.

Log onto the server and try pinging things like the 127.0.0.1, your gateway or other things with a static ip.

Now try pinging a client.

Log onto a client and check that it has an ip in your range. If say your dhcp has gone down you would not see the domain or be able to ping the server gateway or other fixed ip object eg a printer.

If you cannot ping the server it could be a connectivity problem eg the firewall is in the way or that a switch is broken or going do lally.

Remember if the firewall is miss set it could be blocking selected items only.

Only a couple of ideas.

Richard

Thank Post
    Sorry i haven't replied sooner. It definitely has been one of those days.

I have managed to sort out the previous issue. I did a restore of the OD and it restored access to the WGM again. It was OS X server 10.4.11 i was working on. Apologies for such a vague post.

I am now onto struggling with my School guardian. It won't let me connect via the web interface although i did it earlier on.

Like i said one of those days. It doesn't help when i have no machines to test configs on...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread