+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Magic triangle with mavericks destroying windows permissions? in Technical; OK, So I am attempting to upgrade our mountain lion imacs to mavericks over the summer holidays. I have run ...

Thank Post

Magic triangle with mavericks destroying windows permissions?

OK, So I am attempting to upgrade our mountain lion imacs to mavericks over the summer holidays. I have run into an issue, after upgrading and re installing mavericks (10.9.4) onto one of the imacs joining it up to AD and OD all seems to be going fine however once I log in with an AD users profile a message pops up immediately saying 'mac os x needs to repair library to run applications' and asks for admin credentials, even after putting in the requested information the message will pop up again after around 30 seconds and will not go away no matter how many times I enter the admin details. I have also noticed that as soon as an AD user logs into this mac they will no longer be able to access their documents back on a windows PC, not even a domain admin can access their documents without first resetting the permissions, luckily I was only logging in using a test account so it didn't cause any damage. Does anyone know if there is any known fix or workaround for this?

Thank Post
    This is a known bug with Mavericks connecting to Windows shares - we have completely avoided 10.9 on client machines as a result! There was a thread on here about it quite recently.

Mavericks and Permissions
    Last edited by 3s-gtech; 5th August 2014 at 02:01 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney101 View Post
    OK, So I am attempting to upgrade our mountain lion imacs to mavericks over the summer holidays. I have run into an issue, after upgrading and re installing mavericks (10.9.4) onto one of the imacs joining it up to AD and OD all seems to be going fine however once I log in with an AD users profile a message pops up immediately saying 'mac os x needs to repair library to run applications' and asks for admin credentials, even after putting in the requested information the message will pop up again after around 30 seconds and will not go away no matter how many times I enter the admin details. I have also noticed that as soon as an AD user logs into this mac they will no longer be able to access their documents back on a windows PC, not even a domain admin can access their documents without first resetting the permissions, luckily I was only logging in using a test account so it didn't cause any damage. Does anyone know if there is any known fix or workaround for this?
    This is major known issue with Mavericks and Macs bound to AD, permissions are essentially broken, my only advice would be to look at the following solution to use some software on your Windows Server that enables AFP rather than SMB see below...

Mac Windows File Sharing - Connect Mac to Windows Server - GroupLogic

Apple discussions have loads of posts on the issue..

https://discussions.apple.com/search...yAnswered=true

Thank Post
    OK Thanks guys I was hoping that since we are on 10.9.4 they may have got their act together and fixed it by now. Oh well I guess we won't be upgrading to mavericks anytime soon.

Thank Post
    Try mounting using cifs:// instead of smb://

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread