+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, home share missing in finder in Technical; Greetings, Another problem ive come across is, even though the home drive is mapped and exists, finder refuses to show ...

Thank Post

home share missing in finder

Greetings,

Another problem ive come across is, even though the home drive is mapped and exists, finder refuses to show it in its main window. I can get to pop up in finder via Command-Shift-H so I know its there but having a link in the main finder page just doesnt happen.

Ive had suggestions of changing the finder preferences but that doesnt really work either. I need it to be in the list of links in the main finder page without having to manually add it since id have to this for 800+ users if that were the case.

There isnt a great deal of information on the net when it relates to network users. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    James

Thank Post
    This would be very handy to know, at the moment I'm just adding the link to Finders "Favourites" links if there was a way to do this in bulk it would be awesome!

Thank Post
    Where exactly are you wanting it to show up, in the Go List, Favorites tab...

cmd-shift-h; while in menu cmd-j; check Show Library Folder will do it. Are you wanting a terminal solution?
    Last edited by RobOgan; 29th July 2014 at 05:50 PM.

Thank Post
    I would like it to show up in the main finder window or on the desktop. Im pretty sure that it has connected but its just not displaying it

Thank Post
    I had a similar issue recently where the home share wasn't appearing on the dock, not sure if this is the same problem? The fix was to change the settings in the directory utility under Active Directory and check the "Create mobile account" option.

Hope this helps!

6. Thanks to adamsund from:

jjohnsoncantell (1st September 2014)

Thank Post
    I tried this and it seemed to work for me too, thanks Now I need to work out a way of making it appear in any save dialogs as that doesnt happen either.

Thank Post
    Now I need to work out a way of making it appear in any save dialogs as that doesnt happen either.
    Yep I just posted about this, same problem for us too. Surely it can't be rocket science to enable save to a mounted folder? Seems integration is actually rather poor...

Thank Post
    Its not great, it seems to work different ways for different people. Last week i lost all access to the fileserver for no reason, took hours to get it back working again. Now i have the home drive and the resources drive mapped to the dock. for now its the long winded way for me. If I do have a breakthrough Ill be sure to post it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread