+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Media request: Adobe CS3 Design Premium for Mac (VL) in Technical; tl;dr: Anyone have VL install media for Adobe CS3 Design Premium for Mac? I've recently taken over at a school ...

Thank Post

Media request: Adobe CS3 Design Premium for Mac (VL)

tl;dr: Anyone have VL install media for Adobe CS3 Design Premium for Mac?

I've recently taken over at a school that has a site licence for CS3 Design Premium, but having previously been a Windows-only school we are now partially going over to Mac. We have serial numbers for both Windows and Mac, but if we ever had a Mac install disk, it has long since vanished. The consumer download doesn't work for VL serials, as I have discovered today.

This isn't available on LWS for us (even though the serial number is), and Adobe's official position on this is that they do not supply VL media at all for CS3, either physical or download, even as a paid product. I was told by their support that "You can try your luck to find for the download link for your software, if not I suggest you to purchase the latest version of CS6 volume license." I pointed out that their unhelpfulness would negatively influence any future purchase decision, but as I see it they have given their blessing to seeking out a 3rd party download.

So, long shot, but does anyone have it? If you're unable to upload ISOs (they are several GB) I am willing to pay for shipping a physical copy.

Also worth mentioning that I do have the Windows disks for this product if anyone is in the opposite scenario.

Thank Post
    Hmm - Sorry I can't help with the actual files but I think Adobe here are being a bit silly. Yes CS6 is a step on from CS3, but to say they do not have VL iso or dmg around for CS3 Design Premium is complete trash. I used to work at a school with CS3 and they did provide original DVD based media, and an agreement to have copies, should we lose them. (For the Mac version, we just made DMGs from the discs, and stored them on a software only NAS, for easy deployment. ) They just want you to purchase, new, more expensive licences.

Thank Post
    I was in a similar position with CS4 earlier in the year and I was given this link by @Nixon77 - Download Adobe CS4 and CS3 Free Trials Here (incl. After Effects) | ProDesignTools. Worked for me, although mine wasn't VL (or Mac for that matter).

You need to read the instructions and be logged in with a free Adobe account, otherwise it won't work. Hope it helps.

Thank Post
    Thanks all - had PMs from two different members who were able to help out and have successfully got hold of the VL files.

Quote Originally Posted by jallsop View Post
    I think Adobe here are being a bit silly. Yes CS6 is a step on from CS3, but to say they do not have VL iso or dmg around for CS3 Design Premium is complete trash.
    Absolutely - one of the people who PM'd me pointed out that they had the download on their LWS login, so Adobe still have the download available for customers who had electronic delivery originally, but they basically refuse to help out anyone who bought physical media the first time around.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread