+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, iPad Education Bundle in Technical; Hi guys, We're looking to buy in 32 iPads (Air, 16GB, WiFi) and want to know where you've found the ...
    Thank Post

Thumbs up iPad Education Bundle

Hi guys,

We're looking to buy in 32 iPads (Air, 16GB, WiFi) and want to know where you've found the best all-round bundles for price as well as quality? Teaching staff will be getting an iPad each which leaves 15 iPads for students as a pooled resource, so I wonder if the best option is to buy a bundle of 16 and then buy the remaining iPads separately as these won't need a trolley?

Ideally the bundle will include:
    • iPad Airs
    • Cases
    • Screen Protectors (Preferable)
    • Trolley
    • MacBook Pro

Any input/direction would be appreciated

Edit: I would also like to know what trolleys you use to hold and charge your iPads, and which you think is the best option to prevent students from dropping them on the floor (or as few times as possible...)
    Last edited by JJanisch; 17th July 2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: iPad Trolley

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'd be happy to drop you a set of prices.

PM Coming your way

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Griffin survivor cases are good because they cover the entire unit, so you don't have to fiddle with crappy screen protectors! I personally really like Parotec sync and charge stations. They are well built and are secure. Do you know that you could just use a macbook air to sync them? That would save you about £400.

Thank Post
    You don't need screen protectors anyway, Gorrilla Glass sorts the stretches out, don't have any on our 100 iPads here and not one has ever been scratched and we're a primary school!!

Thank Post
    Hi

I would rate the Griffin Survivor cases as well, we have only had one casualty but that was thrown from a first floor window onto tarmac! You can get the Parotec cases cut out for the cases, (something to watch out for as taking the cases off to sync is a real pain). A cheaper option might be a Mac Mini - the server option would cost less than a MacBook.

At this stage you need to look at how you will maintain these, if you are likely to add many more then its worth considering a MDM which will push out apps over the internet.

If you want to PM me then I ma happy t talk through how we do this

Steve

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecee View Post
    we have only had one casualty but that was thrown from a first floor window onto tarmac!
    That's some pretty intense stress testing!

I'd rate the Griffing Survivor as well, those things can really take a beating.

Thank Post
    Thanks Steve,

I'll definitely get in touch. I had a whole lot of 'fun' reading through success and disaster stories with management, things you can/can't do, I had to stop before I was anti-Mac again like in my college years.
    We're planning on getting in some iPads asap, preferably giving teaching staff their one to play with over the summer holiday and then pulling everything back for me to get... err... 'sorted'. Keep smiling Josh....

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecee View Post
    Hi

I would rate the Griffin Survivor cases as well, we have only had one casualty but that was thrown from a first floor window onto tarmac! You can get the Parotec cases cut out for the cases, (something to watch out for as taking the cases off to sync is a real pain). A cheaper option might be a Mac Mini - the server option would cost less than a MacBook.

At this stage you need to look at how you will maintain these, if you are likely to add many more then its worth considering a MDM which will push out apps over the internet.

If you want to PM me then I ma happy t talk through how we do this

Steve

Thank Post
    definitely opt for a sync and charge trolley would be my advice and I will second the Mac Mini thing. Nice and compact and avoids the temptation for someone to 'borrow' it to do mac stuff with. It is so small it can be tucked well away

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread