+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Web site security in Technical; Hello, I have mirrored our site on an OS X 10.4 server which we intend on having accessible by the ...

Thank Post

Web site security

Hello,

I have mirrored our site on an OS X 10.4 server which we intend on having accessible by the outside world.

I have a staff area currently running on a separate external site which uses .htpasswd to require authorisation for that section of the site.

I would like to do the same on the OS X Server but started to think about the best way to authenticate. Does Apache connect to OpenDirectory by default out of the box (like IIS with AD) or do i have to add additional Modules or enable one. I have seen the Apple Auth module in the list but an unsure as to what it does. I am about to look it up now.

Being as this means opening another port in the firewall to allow LDAP authentication would it be wise just to use .htpasswd again?

All new to me this stuff.
    Oh the stress of new responsibilites

Thank Post

Re: Web site security

I found the resolution and was indeed to do with the apple auth module. This module allows you to use realms which you specify in the server admin.

Create the realm by pointing it to the folder/file you wish to protect and then drag in the group/users you wish to access the folder. Save and there you go. You may need to restart the service. I did anyway just in case.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread