+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mac Thread, Hackintosh in Technical; Hey Guys I read the rules on this forum before posting but couldn't see about anything referring to no hackintosh ...

Thank Post

Hackintosh

Hey Guys

I read the rules on this forum before posting but couldn't see about anything referring to no hackintosh posts, but please feel free to remove this if I should be posting it here, though I could really do with someone's help!

I'm having some issues, I kind of know what I'm doing as I have Mavericks installed on VMWare Workstation and it works fine the only issue is that it doesn't support Ql/Cl so apps like iMovie won't run and just crash! I though I'd install OSX on my computer so it can use the Intergrated GPU and hopefully work then with iMovie and the rest...
    My specs are here:
    Intel I7 Core 4700-MQ @ 2.4Ghz
    16GB DDR3 Ram
    Intel HD 4600 GPU - Nvidia 770m 3GB GPU
    512GB Seagate SSD in ACHI mode in BIOS
    Broadcomm 802.11AC Adapter
    Killer NIC

It's the Alienware 17 from October 2013. I do also have an ISO image file of Mountain Lion Vanilla but it wouldn't let me write that to a USB drive hence why I'm using a current Mac and UniBeast!

The problem being is that when I boot on USB and choose USB from UniBeast loader it shows me the Apple Logo and then my computer restarts 2 seconds after with no warning. I'm not 100% sure about kexts and stuff but if any of you can make this simple and easy to install I'd be very grateful, I should also mention I ticked Laptop Support in Unibeast!

Again just in case I'm not supposed to put this here could you let me know and I will add it into the rules sticky on the page or you guys can do it yourself I just wasn't that sure, I've asked on other forums but they don't seem to be as readily to respond as on here and I'm guessing at least one of you must have some clue in what to do!

Cheers Guys

Thank Post
    I dont think the licensing agreement on MACOS allows you to create a Hackintosh machine, I believe the whole Hackintosh thing came about thanks to some creative and incorrect interpretation of an earlier version of the licensing agreement.

As such it is probably a bit of a dodgy topic to discuss on here.

Thank Post
    Indeed, same goes for running it under VMWare on a non OSX-Server host OS - breach of license agreement. HERE would be the most appropriate place to find the answers.

Thank Post
    Cheers guys I was aware of the licensing agreement, I wouldn't be doing it in a proffessional way and installing it on school computers but my own personal computer as it's more than powerful enough to be able to run anything Mac and I don't want to spend more money £300+ just to use a different OS it's ridiculous imo! But cheers guys I didn't think anyone would help me here as it's probably the wrong place but "if you don't ask, you dont get"

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As long as the hardware is apple branded you can run it in a vm. Ever noticed that a lot of Apple stuff comes with apple stickers?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by psydii View Post
    Ever noticed that a lot of Apple stuff comes with apple stickers?
    Yes why is that? Are you saying if I stick an Apple sticker on my Alienware computer I'm allowed to run Apple's software?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Funnily enough, slapping an apple sticker to the back of your laptop doesn't make it an Apple branded computer.

If you're having issues with creating a Hackintosh, you're probably best going to dedicated websites about them such as InsanelyMac or tonymacx86.com

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norphy View Post
    Funnily enough, slapping an apple sticker to the back of your laptop doesn't make it an Apple branded computer.

If you're having issues with creating a Hackintosh, you're probably best going to dedicated websites about them such as InsanelyMac or tonymacx86.com
    Haha I was being sarcastic about the sticker thing!
    Those are the sites I have posted on but I just haven't got an answer yet! Ugh, the reason I like this forum is because it's quick and sweet, others seem to take days to bother to respond!

Thank Post
    @abillybob - Check your PM's.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    @abillybob - Check your PM's.
    @cpjitservices - now check yours

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I tried doing a hackintosh over the christmas holidays. I eventually got so fed up and frustrated that I bought a 2nd hand macbook pro off ebay. I love it and I haven't looked back!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I tried doing a hackintosh over the christmas holidays. I eventually got so fed up and frustrated that I bought a 2nd hand macbook pro off ebay. I love it and I haven't looked back!
    But I'm a geek and yano...... #YOLO and all that...

Plus I don't have the cash to buy a MBP

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    0% credit card yo.

14. Thanks to Joanne from:

abillybob (14th May 2014)

Thank Post
    You know what I give in! Grrrr.... Finally got the damn thing to boot into OSX but now nothing works, my integrated graphics aren't recognised, Wifi isn't recognised and you have to try and find the kext files which are stupid and never work 100% anyway as Apple didn't make them! Pfft Stupid Apple and it's so called rules.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    You know what I give in! Grrrr.... Finally got the damn thing to boot into OSX but now nothing works, my integrated graphics aren't recognised, Wifi isn't recognised and you have to try and find the kext files which are stupid and never work 100% anyway as Apple didn't make them! Pfft Stupid Apple and it's so called rules.
    I've done it with my laptop, got a nice dual booting Win8.1 or Mac going on, it took a good solid week to get it perfect and loads of trial and errors...works well now...had to swap my Wifi card for another to get that working (but I had a compatible one in another laptop lying around!) Its a hell of a load of faff tbh!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information