+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Mac Thread, Anyone buy Apple machines just for the build quality? in Technical; Its the fact that half the components from the Iphone/Ipad are actually made by Samsung......

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Its the fact that half the components from the Iphone/Ipad are actually made by Samsung...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananas View Post
    I hope that was a joke? There wasn't a smiley in there so....

I wasn't saying that the mac got her the work I said she was so overjoyed she got the work ie she was enthusiastic to tender for it.

As for Windows no she's been a designer since back in the day and a proper Mac fan ie she's been a mac user since before they became cool and idiots started ranting about them.

She wouldn't use Windows on her computer simple as that.

Oh and I think you'll find the keyboard shortcuts are different :-P

I can't remember off the top of my head which cs it is either 3/4 can't remember which was the last powerpc version but whatever it is its that one. Adobe didn't come with it we already own it
    Very mature.

I need to chill out because I pointed out Adobe CS Suite is identical on Mac and Windows? That's a fact.

I'll leave the thread now as it's descended to name calling (as it often does if you dare question the Holy Apple) but I'll end on this; no, you should not buy Apple products "just for their quality." Buy them because they're your preference, buy them because you want Mac OS, but buying them just for their quality is daft; you're not getting some bargain, you're paying for that quality. Apple products are not a miracle.

I'm out!
    Last edited by witch; 12th April 2014 at 07:54 PM.

Thank Post
    No you need to chill out for jumping down my throat for something I never said the first place AND I don't buy apple in the first place I hate the company I hate the wall garden approach and I certainly never intimated anything about their build quality.

Can I invite you to reread my posts because I actually agree with you so don't really get why you're picking a fight with me in the first place

Oh and I pointed out that they aren't identical (which you conveniently overlooked in the post you quoted) that the keyboard shortcuts are different. You may not use them but my wife has been using photoshop since v1 and uses the keyboard shortcuts more than clicking in menus so from that pov it would make a big difference to her productivity and a big difference to the grief I'd get as she loves os x (not apple just the os)

So not really sure why you're having a go at me???

Oh don't think I claimed to be mature on any other posts either, something I'm quite proud of actually, keeps me youthful, good looking and a huge hit with my colleagues so :-P
    Last edited by Bananas; 12th April 2014 at 12:37 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post

I'll leave the thread now as it's descended to name calling (as it often does if you dare question the Holy Apple)
    I don't disagree with anything you said but can I point out that the name calling frequently comes from both sides? The amount of times I've seen posters on this forum call people "Sheeple" because they buy Apple products is staggering.

Thank Post
    One thing you can't deny is you don't see such strong opinions about many other brands, whether good or bad people seem to really have an opinion on them!

6. Thanks to computerguy from:

synaesthesia (12th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Very true

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 2,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    buying them just for their quality is daft
    One good thing about Apple laptops is that their trackpads don't suck, unlike the trackpads you find on many Windows laptops.

I'm sure @computerguy would agree based on his recent thread.

Thank Post
    Good point, I don't think a trackpad on a Mac has ever made me walk away from the laptop in complete anger!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 830 Posts
    No you need to chill out for jumping down my throat for something I never said the first place AND I don't buy apple in the first place I hate the company I hate the wall garden approach and I certainly never intimated anything about their build quality.
    I got the impression you were crediting the Mac with your wife getting the job, when actually the credit lies with your wife's skill and access to the software she needs; Mac/Windows is irrelevant in that equation.

Oh and I pointed out that they aren't identical (which you conveniently overlooked in the post you quoted) that the keyboard shortcuts are different. You may not use them but my wife has been using photoshop since v1 and uses the keyboard shortcuts more than clicking in menus so from that pov it would make a big difference to her productivity and a big difference to the grief I'd get as she loves os x (not apple just the os)
    I "conveniently overlooked" it rather than point out it was a a moot point. Yes, they're different; if you press ALT in Windows, you press Option on Mac and if you press Control in Windows, it's Command on Mac - it's not like you suddenly lose access to your keyboard shortcuts in either version, the two machines just have ever so slightly different keyboards necessitating the shortcuts requiring one control key different. Not a 'difference' worth singling either version out for IMO.

So not really sure why you're having a go at me???
    Not having a go at you, simply responding with my opinion; the point of a debate!

Quote Originally Posted by Norphy View Post
    I don't disagree with anything you said but can I point out that the name calling frequently comes from both sides? The amount of times I've seen posters on this forum call people "Sheeple" because they buy Apple products is staggering.
    Totally agree. People get very heated over it - I try not to lower myself to calling people names, it's everyone's personal choice at the end of the day, I just cannot grasp the reasons some people come up with to buy Apple; would be so much easier if people just said they preferred the OS rather than trying to act like Macs are magically superior - they're not, you are paying good money for them and more often than not, people are comparing the quality and reliability of a £1,200+ machine with one of the cheap, basic Windows machines they service at work - it's not a fair comparison.
    Last edited by LosOjos; 12th April 2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Badly worded

Thank Post
    The trackpad functionality and gestures is something Apple definitely deserve credit for. It makes what's normally a very frustrating experience much slicker. To be fair the functionality is similar on Windows laptops but it doesn't seem to work as well. I notice there's talk of Apple removing the 'click' on the trackpad altogether in future versions of their laptops. Probably makes sense as that was once aspect of the trackpad I found very awkward and poorly implemented IMO. Much easier using tap to click.

Speaking of trackpads I wonder if we'll see touch-screen functionality at some point in future on Mac laptops?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,976 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My fingers dislike trackpads, about 90% of the time nothing happens when I touch them. It is why I like the Trackpoint on Lenovo laptops.

Apple trackpads have performed a little better for me though.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I just started to fume with trackpads when people moved away from fitting nipples to their laptops. Those were great. I get on with Lenovo trackpads very well though generally. I don't like the macbook clicky trackpad thing, they feel "uncertain". They do feel good to use otherwise though, I'm a bit like Wreck it Ralph (not a word, @tekins !) in regards to hand size and care!

Thank Post
    I love track points too, I use an X220 for work with the pad disabled. Macbook air at home

Thank Post
    So in conclusion not many buy Apple products for the build quality.

It seems that a person will buy an Apple product for one for the following reasons.

A) Build quality and style.

B) Because it has an Apple logo on it.

C) Because "everyone else" is buying them.

D) You want/need to use Mac OS.

E) You are a mindless drone sucked into consumerism.

I will be buying an Apple product, because I like the build quality of them, I like the look of them, and I want to use OS X rather than Windows 8. I know I am paying at least £300-£400 on top for the Apple brand but I think it is justifiable giving it will last (or should) for some time and is upgradable (the product I am buying is).

I will never be an Apple fanboy and cannot go into an Apple store without feeling sick, the sight of the place and it being full of Apple "people" with their long hair and baggie style of dress and general chill out attitude is enough to do that, so I think I will go over to Tesco instead.
    Last edited by spacebar; 12th April 2014 at 04:07 PM.

Thank Post
    On another note I think its about time Microsoft started to Make PC's, they did it with game consoles so maybe they can do it with PC's.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast