+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Mac and Proxy in Technical; Hi all, We've got Magic Triangle set up with AD/OD. How have you got the proxy side set up? I ...

Thank Post

Mac and Proxy

Hi all,
    We've got Magic Triangle set up with AD/OD. How have you got the proxy side set up? I currently use NTLM, but want to move away from this as when a student resets their password it asks for the keychain information. And this causes problems for the teachers and staff.

I've tried putting students (from AD) in a group on the OD and set a filter on that but to no success. It still asks for username/password and doesn't do the filter.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pashers View Post
    Hi all,
    We've got Magic Triangle set up with AD/OD. How have you got the proxy side set up? I currently use NTLM, but want to move away from this as when a student resets their password it asks for the keychain information. And this causes problems for the teachers and staff.

I've tried putting students (from AD) in a group on the OD and set a filter on that but to no success. It still asks for username/password and doesn't do the filter.Thanks
    I'm not sure that I understand exactly what the problem is as you moved from asking about proxy setup to NTLM to keychain prompts. But, I think what you are referring to with the keychain prompt is that students are prompted for this when logging in after changing their AD password? If so, the Mac is asking for the previous password so that it can updated the encrypted keychain with the new password.

You can turn this off if it is causing problems. See https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/...n.html?id=7783 for a discussion on this.

3. Thanks to seawolf from:

Pashers (28th March 2014)

Thank Post
    The main issue we're having is that the teachers and students don't want the hassle of the keychain synchronising. I've wrote a document on how the keychain works but the teachers just said that it's too much hassle and want it to just 'work'.

I've tried firefox as it has it's own password manager, but some users are getting 'A copy of firefox is already open' message. Which I've looked into and there's no obvious 'easy' solution.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pashers View Post
    The main issue we're having is that the teachers and students don't want the hassle of the keychain synchronising. I've wrote a document on how the keychain works but the teachers just said that it's too much hassle and want it to just 'work'.

I've tried firefox as it has it's own password manager, but some users are getting 'A copy of firefox is already open' message. Which I've looked into and there's no obvious 'easy' solution.
    Are you trying to use iCloud Keychain?

I'm still not clear on the exact problem you are having. It seems to be tied to your proxy or web filter, is that correct? Perhaps if you could tell me specifically what you are doing (and what password you are trying to synchronise) and the point where the prompt occurs I can help. If you could PM me the doc you created for users this would probably explain it thoroughly.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread