+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, VPP - How do you get Apple support to allow actual purchases? in Technical; Have been trying for almost a month now to get Apple support to allow us to actually use the VPP, ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 2,269 Posts
    Blog Entries

Question VPP - How do you get Apple support to allow actual purchases?

Have been trying for almost a month now to get Apple support to allow us to actually use the VPP, have created manager and facilitator accounts, but the facilitator account just loops back to the logon to buy page when you try to purchase anything. Have tried emailing with no response even with their insanely long five working day window and have been through countless polite but unable to help support teams.

How do you actually get in touch with these people so that you can spend money with them. I have a stack of their product just lying about because their own processes don't work and they seem unable to help at all. Just seemingly proving that Apple gear was a waste of $20k. Its also charming that once you use a small proportion of an iTunes card, like a $100 one the rest is then non-transferable. I do hope that anyone can prove me wrong. At this point I would settle for an actual explanatory error message from their stark white and completely non-functional site.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 25th March 2014 at 12:01 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 2,269 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Third AppleID lucky, turns out you need to try and purchase something in the US app store to register the account properly for use with the VPP. I'd like to thank Apple's VPP team for never getting back to me , the rest of their support people were really helpful but you can tell they are taking education seriously when even their internal teams can't get a hold of the Education VPP team.

Anyone have a method of actually contacting them for the next catastrophy?
    Last edited by SYNACK; 25th March 2014 at 12:29 PM.

Thank Post
    I feel your pain, when we were going about implementing VPP into our system we had troubles because we wanted to get codes for apps we had already bought but i couldnt find out how to do soo. I called the enterprise support team who then passed me onto the apple in education team who then told me to fill out a form and then i had to wait 3-5 days for them just to turn round and say that what i wanted to do wasnt possible....

Im all for these blasted apple devices but apple really need to step up their game.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    VPP has been the weakest link for Apple in iPad management. When we initially setup our VPP account, it didn't work for purchasing either to start with (same loop you had) so we just fell back to using Configurator to mass install apps. Then, suddenly our account started working and its been fine since then. Even now, we can make a couple of purchases in VPP before it throws an error and we have to wait 10-15 minutes then can purchase apps again. There is clearly something under-resourced or buggy in the VPP for Education database or software.

That said, once it does start working it works fantastically. Easy as pie to push out both free and paid for Apps and eBooks silently OTA now. And pull back the licenses as well in the case of Apps.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread