+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, ad credentials do not work with osx server and user proiles stuck on pending in Technical; hi everyone I am setting out a quick test network before I roll it out to discover any problems. Trying ...

Thank Post

ad credentials do not work with osx server and user proiles stuck on pending

hi everyone
    I am setting out a quick test network before I roll it out to discover any problems.
    Trying to get a magic/golden triangle setup working and did indeed run in to trouble.
    Both macs are upgraded to mavericks. 1 mac mini is bound to the ad (cc4) server and is acting as the server with server app installed, od is set up as master and ran enablesso to enable single signon.
    the other mac mini client is bound to both the mac server and the ad server.
    Dns records have been created on the ad server for both macs and resolve ok. both have static ips and dns pointing to the ad server.
    Both macs look to the ad server for time and date and sync fine.
    The ad users have added to od groups on the mac server

have enroled the mac to profile manger and profile manager works ok when sending out machine pref but user pref the task just hangs on pending..
    to add to that while windows shares map fine on logon the mac share I setup asks for a username and password.

Any ideas what I am missing or what I should check as I cannot find any full how to on this only information on mountain lion setups which I don't know how much has changed

Thank Post
    Profile settings won't able to users as their is currently an issue with it, has been mentioned by someone else on why of my posts, so settings will only apply to client at the moment, All our shared are windows shares, and not mac shares so work perfectly, i would guess that the mac share is asking for the user login as its looking for that user in OD rather than AD for the user credentials.

I certainly have the same issue when searching for help, as everything is geared towards older OS and very little around for Mavericks, even on the apple support pages.

Is your software update working correctly, as after upgrade both to mavericks, i can no longer get client connecting to server for updates?

3. Thanks to ste1988 from:

jago2k (19th March 2014)

Thank Post
    wow this software is a lot more buggy than I thought, thanks for the info.

when using windows shares not mac shares do you have any problems with apple software for example IMovie and a like saving to that area. because if not I think I will just go down that route and just use windows shares

Thank Post
    I haven't experienced any problems, i would imagine it would depend on your infrastructure.

Thank Post
    I was just thinking with the difference in ntfs and mac partitions may cause problems. but thanks, this will make me approach this in a different way

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread