+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Mac Thread, Mavericks AD Integration in Technical; Hi, I am currently having an issue binding my mavericks clients to AD. When binding it gets to the very ...
  1. #1
    ste1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    177
    Thank Post
    77
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Mavericks AD Integration

    Hi,

    I am currently having an issue binding my mavericks clients to AD.

    When binding it gets to the very last step and then errors out with unable to overwrite existing record, the only issue i have, is even when i rename this machine to a completely new unused name, it still gives the same issue.

    Anyone else experiencing issues when binding to AD?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Can you see the computer in the AD? Try deleting it and adding again

  3. Thanks to furby from:

    ste1988 (19th March 2014)

  4. #3
    ste1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    177
    Thank Post
    77
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Yes,

    This managed to resolve the issue, thought i was having a much bigger problem to start with as the first thread i read was this https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/...n.html?id=8872

    Simply deleted the entries and re-bound, working perfectly now.

    Thanks

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Glad it worked.

    For what it's worth I use profile manager to bind my machines to the AD
    Need to upgrade to Mavericks to get the finer control OS X Mavericks: Using advanced Active Directory options in a configuration profile It's all working at the moment though so I'm not touching it

  6. #5
    ste1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    177
    Thank Post
    77
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    You had any issues at all with upgrading your mac network to mavericks all round, the only issue i have is with software update not pushing out the updates to the clients, server is downloading and storing everything, its just the clients not connecting, im controlling it using the setting in a profile.

    Regards

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Only odd issue was that it was indexing a (AD) users files, got to the end and then promptly started all over again. If I remember software update worked, or at least it told me it was looking for updates on my mac server. These are all past tense as I only had time to test one (10.9.1) machine.

    My Mac is 10.9.2 though, while I avoid other work, I'll enrol my machine and see what happens.

    Edit/ Connects fine but doesn't have the 10.9 catalog it would seem

    Client Terminal
    Code:
    mbp02:~ furby$ sudo softwareupdate -la
    
    Software Update Tool
    Copyright 2002-2012 Apple Inc.
    
    Finding available software
    Can't load data from the Software Update server (delta.school.local).
    Server gave the message:
    [Wed Mar 19 12:19:05 2014] [error] [client 192.168.255.53] File does not exist: /Library/Server/Software Update/Data/html/index.sucatalog
    Last edited by furby; 19th March 2014 at 12:40 PM.

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    40
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by furby View Post
    Glad it worked.

    For what it's worth I use profile manager to bind my machines to the AD
    Need to upgrade to Mavericks to get the finer control OS X Mavericks: Using advanced Active Directory options in a configuration profile It's all working at the moment though so I'm not touching it
    If you use the server software on your Mac server, be careful as it's incompatible with the Mavericks update. the newer version needs to be purchased from the App Store.

  9. #8
    ste1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    177
    Thank Post
    77
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by furby View Post
    Only odd issue was that it was indexing a (AD) users files, got to the end and then promptly started all over again. If I remember software update worked, or at least it told me it was looking for updates on my mac server. These are all past tense as I only had time to test one (10.9.1) machine.

    My Mac is 10.9.2 though, while I avoid other work, I'll enrol my machine and see what happens.

    Edit/ Connects fine but doesn't have the 10.9 catalog it would seem

    Client Terminal
    Code:
    mbp02:~ furby$ sudo softwareupdate -la
    
    Software Update Tool
    Copyright 2002-2012 Apple Inc.
    
    Finding available software
    Can't load data from the Software Update server (delta.school.local).
    Server gave the message:
    that is the same error i got on mine, unable to find anything by searching the issue.

    Does anyone know how to start SU from scratch?

  10. #9

    seawolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    969
    Thank Post
    12
    Thanked 285 Times in 217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by ste1988 View Post
    that is the same error i got on mine, unable to find anything by searching the issue.

    Does anyone know how to start SU from scratch?
    I wasn't sure exactly what you want to do, but software update enabler worlds well for changing the SUS setting on a client, or resetting them to Apple servers.

    Reset SUS on client - http://www.allocinit.net/apps/suenabler

    If you are having issues with your internal SUS then take a look here.

    SUS setup - http://krypted.com/tag/software-update-server/

    Sent from my iPad

  11. Thanks to seawolf from:

    ste1988 (24th March 2014)

  12. #10
    ste1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    177
    Thank Post
    77
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Thanks for that @seawolf I'll take a look at it today should the chance arise!

    Regards

    - - - Updated - - -

    Thanks for that @seawolf I'll take a look at it today should the chance arise!

    Regards

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11th March 2014, 11:48 AM
  2. New OD-AD integration paper.
    By HodgeHi in forum Mac
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 16th May 2011, 10:09 AM
  3. Cachepilot and AD integration
    By GoldenWonder in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8th May 2009, 12:50 AM
  4. Lanview AD integration
    By Andi in forum Network and Classroom Management
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th June 2007, 02:30 PM
  5. SIMS AD Integration
    By mark in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th November 2006, 12:24 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •